Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So a bit over a week ago I finally got a K Tuner V2 and put a nicely adjusted dual map 21psi tune on the car (thanks @gtman ). Today I noticed the car seemed alot less on it then normal so I plugged the unit in and I'm barely making 5psi in 1st (when normal target is 13), and 2nd gear barely hit 16 (target 19psi). Remaining gears all got to around 20psi from what I could run but hitting it good in 3rd gear jumped the K. Co to .52 which I know should normally stay at .49. I'm probably going to reflash the tune to the car and see if that remedies whatever is going on. If anyone's had any experience with this would love to hear so advice.
Sponsored

dark_knight097

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
So a bit over a week ago I finally got a K Tuner V2 and put a nicely adjusted dual map 21psi tune on the car (thanks @gtman ). Today I noticed the car seemed alot less on it then normal so I plugged the unit in and I'm barely making 5psi in 1st (when normal target is 13), and 2nd gear barely hit 16 (target 19psi). Remaining gears all got to around 20psi from what I could run but hitting it good in 3rd gear jumped the K. Co to .52 which I know should normally stay at .49. I'm probably going to reflash the tune to the car and see if that remedies whatever is going on. If anyone's had any experience with this would love to hear so advice.
Check if you have boost-by-gear enabled for the first two gears

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Post up a datalog that includes some WOT pulls and I'll take a look. Keep in mind K. Control does not always stay at .49 depending on many factors. As far as the low boost, let me look at the datalog but remember you need to hit the throttle hard for full boost.

OP
OP
bmfontdevila

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Post up a datalog that includes some WOT pulls and I'll take a look. Keep in mind K. Control does not always stay at .49 depending on many factors. As far as the low boost, let me look at the datalog but remember you need to hit the throttle hard for full boost.
I'll take some tomorrow on the drive home from work. I hit the throttle like it owes me money and normally it just goes. Today was definitely weird.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
different car, different tune (tsp stage 1) but sometimes i have the same issue. ill start off a drive hitting targets in all gears and suddenly after a few miles driven ill have 17psi max, even in map 3 which is set at 25 i think?(idk i hit 26 all the time so). a quick fix i do is go from map three, to map two, hit a wot in 3rd or 4th and then switch back to map 3 and its fixed. I have noticed it really only does it when its hot out (summer) or even now in the winter when im sitting at idle for a long time i.e. traffic, red light, drive through. I have a feeling it has to do with IAT's and the car being safe. Even recently my knock has gone from .48-49 to .53. thats the highest ive ever seen and it scared me, granted i did about 3 wot pulls from 60-100 on the high way back to back, but it always goes back to .49.
Moral of the story; just know you arent alone!! happens to me quiet often. The knock is a first for me though, that was about 3 days ago.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
.53 is nothing to worry about. If your k count goes over .7 or .8 then that's when you start to worry. On non-SI running 91 it'll often go up to .69 for me when I run it hard over 5500rpm.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag
.53 is nothing to worry about. If your k count goes over .7 or .8 then that's when you start to worry. On non-SI running 91 it'll often go up to .69 for me when I run it hard over 5500rpm.
oh i know its nothing to worry about, its just the first time ive EVER seen it above .48-.49.
had ya bois bootyhole a littttttle sore for about 10 minutes
Sponsored