First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Euro cars only get that rating from the better fuel, lowest places have I'm told is 95 ron, and that's the equivalent of 91 octane in the US. 373 might be possible, but he's not FBO, still the stock airbox too, just a K&N filter. Exhausts don't help the car breathe until much higher power, and the downpipe would need to be larger as well to accommodate. These cars it's widely known the quickest sources of power are either flex fuel (higher octane for the ol boost) or a larger downpipe with a higher flowing cat. You'd most definitely see something like this (from the link you sent)

" Test Results On A Stock Vehicle With Only Phearable Stage 2 Tune: 353 HP 363 TQ on 93 octane "

The higher octane over there could potentially bump it up to higher, but you'd be making that power from some slight timing changes and more boost probably (still new to this so perhaps not 100% sure).

As for this issue, still can't be sure. I don't think it would be a wastegate thing unless your car peaks boost pressure at 6500rpm. Not sure what the shop did to your car.

Keeping air filters clean is important, but I don't think they can get that dirty to choke a turbo.
It's not just the fuel, if you put higher quality fuel in a USA FK8 you won't have the power gains. They might be able get more aggressive based on the higher quality of the fuel. DP and E is the easiest way to get power, but Phearable tuned a HVI and IC and got 370. The IC does give a bump but the intakes generally don't make a difference unless you go race MAF IIRC.

Massaging dyno numbers is a possibility too of course, especially if the shop isn't giving access to logs.
Sponsored

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
It's not just the fuel, if you put higher quality fuel in a USA FK8 you won't have the power gains. They might be able get more aggressive based on the higher quality of the fuel. DP and E is the easiest way to get power, but Phearable tuned a HVI and IC and got 370. The IC does give a bump but the intakes generally don't make a difference unless you go race MAF IIRC.

Massaging dyno numbers is a possibility too of course, especially if the shop isn't giving access to logs.
Yeah the dyno stuff was just my worry. The OP has stock airbox and no IC. So air charge isn't going to be as cold. A first pull could somehow be 373, but I'd imagine a large fall off from heat soak after that.

And the reason why it's the fuel is because in the US the lowest you can put is 87 octane. So for our market, they tune it so the car can take that worst case scenario (though at least 91 is suggested). Most other major markets in the world basically other than North America has 95 ron (91 octane) as it's lowest rating, so they can ship those cars with a base tune made to handle the worst fuel.

Here's a forum post with a video explaining it
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...fference-explained-316-in-eu-306-in-usa.9948/

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Are you throwing a code at peak rpm? Almost sounds like a misfire uptop. Then you go into limp mode. If so gap the plugs down a bit.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
I made a video of a pull in 4th from 4k to 6.4k rpm, starts at 1.7 bar then falls to 1.5 bar at 6.4k rpm. Then in the video I lose all boost.

edit: traction control off because JRM asked me to try turning it off…
Hard to notice anything, on the forums its just audio. Your boost numbers sound fine. Typically the numbers fall off slightly towards the top as you get past the point of making efficient power. Hard call without logs, I definitely don't know enough to call it off just that.

OP
OP
mangelol

mangelol

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R fk8
Are you throwing a code at peak rpm? Almost sounds like a misfire uptop. Then you go into limp mode. If so gap the plugs down a bit.
nope no code. To me it sounds just like the turbo usually does when letting go off the gas?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Well it should only be doing that if you're actually letting off the gas lol

OP
OP
mangelol

mangelol

First Name
Magnus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R fk8
Well it should only be doing that if you're actually letting off the gas lol
yeah obviously something is wrong. In the actual video you can see my revs hang for a second because I didn't let go off the gas immediately

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Need a way to get them logs ;)
Sponsored