Boost cut after installing intake

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
When I installed my Injen short ram intake, I got some really cool WOOSHIE turbo noises but I also noticed that I was experiencing a lot of boost cut when accelerating. I would look at my boost gauge when doing pulls and it would be at half when i was flooring it. I also noticed that the car would get up into the RPM's but not accelerate as quick (probably due to the boost cut).

Here's the exhaust system im running on the car:
-Megan Racing Catless down pipe
-Blox Catback exhaust

No, I do not have my car tuned or flashed. When I have the stock intake in, the car preforms perfect and a lot better than with the intake. And dont give me shit because its a short ram intake. It was a cold air intake but I took one of the pipes off because I hydro locked my motor when it was being ran as a cai.

Anyone else having these issues or know how to fix the boost cut issue with the intake without getting it tuned? I want the potential performance benefits of having the intake as well as those sweet, sweet turbo noises but I do not want to tune my car because i like my warranty lol

(P.S.Attached is a picture of the whole CAI system but you can see a silicone connector hose that connects the 2 pipes together. Where that hose is, is where I had the filter. )

Honda Civic 10th gen Boost cut after installing intake 41190_303___SP1573P
Sponsored

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The Injen intake is known to cause issues without tunes. I think it has something to do with the diameter/material of the pipe.

OP
OP
Sidney_The_Civic
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The Injen intake is known to cause issues without tunes. I think it has something to do with the diameter/material of the pipe.
Any suggestions of other intakes that wouldn't cause this?

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Any suggestions of other intakes that wouldn't cause this?
If you're afraid of hydrolock, the only intakes I know that works without a tune is the PRL SRI or the 27Won CAI.

Jmillerohio

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Champion White
Country flag
As stated above you may have a boost leak somewhere. Also look at the position of the MAF sensor, by relocating the intake filter you maybe causing a fuel issue. I've heard and seen Injen intakes are problematic. I'd try going back to stock and seeing if it fixes the issue then you'll know the intake is the problem.

OP
OP
Sidney_The_Civic
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As stated above you may have a boost leak somewhere. Also look at the position of the MAF sensor, by relocating the intake filter you maybe causing a fuel issue. I've heard and seen Injen intakes are problematic. I'd try going back to stock and seeing if it fixes the issue then you'll know the intake is the problem.
I know the intake is the problem and I have been running my stock intake for a while now with no issues. Thanks to the people above, I think Im going to get the 27Won cai.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
If you're afraid of hydrolock, the only intakes I know that works without a tune is the PRL SRI or the 27Won CAI.
I uh don't recommend the PRL CAI if you fear hydrolock. Don't ask lol

NixChixFix

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I uh don't recommend the PRL CAI if you fear hydrolock. Don't ask lol
Yeah, I specified the SRI -- I've heard too many stories about the CAI hydrolocking to the point where even I'm a little afraid of converting mine, here in the drought-lands of Los Angeles. ? ?
Sponsored