Boost Cut after installing Injen SRI

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
When I installed my Injen short ram intake, I got some really cool WOOSHIE turbo noises but I also noticed that I was experiencing a lot of boost cut when accelerating. I would look at my boost gauge when doing pulls and it would be at half when i was flooring it. I also noticed that the car would get up into the RPM's but not accelerate as quick (probably due to the boost cut).

Here's the exhaust system im running on the car:
-Megan Racing Catless down pipe
-Blox Catback exhaust

No, I do not have my car tuned or flashed. When I have the stock intake in, the car preforms perfect and a lot better than with the intake. And dont give me shit because its a short ram intake. It was a cold air intake but I took one of the pipes off because I hydro locked my motor when it was being ran as a cai.

Anyone else having these issues or know how to fix the boost cut issue with the intake without getting it tuned? I want the potential performance benefits of having the intake as well as those sweet, sweet turbo noises but I do not want to tune my car because i like my warranty lol

(P.S.Attached is a picture of the whole CAI system but you can see a silicone connector hose that connects the 2 pipes together. Where that hose is, is where I had the filter. )

Honda Civic 10th gen Boost Cut after installing Injen SRI 41190_303___SP1573P
Sponsored

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Why are people still buying these? I swear every post about problems with these cars turns out that someone is using an Injen intake.

It's the stupid pipe in the MAF housing.

Edit... Two threads dude?

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When I installed my Injen short ram intake, I got some really cool WOOSHIE turbo noises but I also noticed that I was experiencing a lot of boost cut when accelerating. I would look at my boost gauge when doing pulls and it would be at half when i was flooring it. I also noticed that the car would get up into the RPM's but not accelerate as quick (probably due to the boost cut).

Here's the exhaust system im running on the car:
-Megan Racing Catless down pipe
-Blox Catback exhaust

No, I do not have my car tuned or flashed. When I have the stock intake in, the car preforms perfect and a lot better than with the intake. And dont give me shit because its a short ram intake. It was a cold air intake but I took one of the pipes off because I hydro locked my motor when it was being ran as a cai.

Anyone else having these issues or know how to fix the boost cut issue with the intake without getting it tuned? I want the potential performance benefits of having the intake as well as those sweet, sweet turbo noises but I do not want to tune my car because i like my warranty lol

(P.S.Attached is a picture of the whole CAI system but you can see a silicone connector hose that connects the 2 pipes together. Where that hose is, is where I had the filter. )

41190_303___SP1573P.jpg
Yeah I had an SRI installed by the previous owner... Turns out these things are really bad for our cars.. In my case, it messed with my fuel trims.

I bought a PRL CAI and it drastically reduced my intake temps so I would get a PRL CAI for just intake temps alone.

With the Injen SRI I got 17-18F above ambient but with the CAI I am getting 7-8F above ambient.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nothing more to say. Don't use Injen in this car.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
Yeah I had an SRI installed by the previous owner... Turns out these things are really bad for our cars.. In my case, it messed with my fuel trims.

I bought a PRL CAI and it drastically reduced my intake temps so I would get a PRL CAI for just intake temps alone.

With the Injen SRI I got 17-18F above ambient but with the CAI I am getting 7-8F above ambient.
One thing to clarify for those reading, it’s not that all SRI cause fueling issues, it’s the Injen intake due to the MAF sensor housing being a different size therefore throwing off fueling. The fueling was spot on with the PRL SRI that I was running, and IAT (2) remained close to the same as the OEM hot air intake

The OP says that they hydrolocked their engine, recommending the PRL CAI would not be a good choice. The OEM intake is not a CAI, it draws air from the engine bay and will heat soak just about as quickly as a short ram intake given the same conditions.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Only purchase PRL’s intakes, 27won’s intakes, or if you want CARB legal Mishimoto’s
Sponsored