Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
I have a black type r its a love hate relationship with maintaining it.Its is impossible to keep clean and shows imperfections. How well does boost blue perform?
Sponsored

quakaroaks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic HB Sp, 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're that concerned about imperfections, go have your car professionally paint corrected and have a full PPF clear bra installed. But hey, you do you :)

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
If you're that concerned about imperfections, go have your car professionally paint corrected and have a full PPF clear bra installed. But hey, you do you :)
How much is ppf

Bad1996

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR, Vipers, my beloved 2004 SRT4 daily the CTR is giving relief to ! :-)
Country flag
I have a black type r its a love hate relationship with maintaining it.Its is impossible to keep clean and shows imperfections. How well does boost blue perform?
My SGP is decent. Doesn't answer your question but I had to comment that this is probably the worst car I have ever had to wash ! :) True, the cars I usually wash are my SRT4 and a few Vipers....nice and smooth, rounded and really not very big. The Type R has corners, sharp turns and tiny areas to get to. PITA LOL, It's a good thing that I'm only driving it on nicer days, trying to stay off wet roads etc. True, it was my first wash so there is a learning curve. I still like it though.

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Wash mine 1-2 times a month, don't drive it in the rain if I can avoid it. I've got PPF on the front of the car as well as A-Pillars and the front of the roof. I'm pretty picky about how I wash it because I love the color, so when I wash it, it looks flawless. Only problem I had was I missed a small section of ceramic when I coated the car under the wing on each side, so that's a flaw that will stand out until I paint correct the car again (A problem for next year).

Tl;dr any car looks great if you wash it well. I have little to no imperfections on the car, and the ones that do exist are well hidden tbh. Dirt shows up like black on white though, so enjoy your mental state if you're like me.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just love boost blue honestly it was a choice 2 years ago
You only live once man - if you want the newer car / different color - enjoy - most people when they make threads like this generally have made their decision either way. Sounds like you love the car, but wish you had been more selective about color more than anything else.

- Look into painting it - will be cheaper than a new car
- Look into vinyl wrapping it - some high quality long lasting materials out there I believe, though others with first hand experience can better vouch - that's what it appears to me
- Sell your car and buy another used Type R in a better color, like SGP, the best color ;)

Or sell the car PRIVATE SALE then get the newer car if you're hell bent on it. But don't F yourself long and hard by TRADING THE CAR IN because you're dying to get the new hotness.

Good luck with your decision!

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
You only live once man - if you want the newer car / different color - enjoy - most people when they make threads like this generally have made their decision either way. Sounds like you love the car, but wish you had been more selective about color more than anything else.

- Look into painting it - will be cheaper than a new car
- Look into vinyl wrapping it - some high quality long lasting materials out there I believe, though others with first hand experience can better vouch - that's what it appears to me
- Sell your car and buy another used Type R in a better color, like SGP, the best color ;)

Or sell the car PRIVATE SALE then get the newer car if you're hell bent on it. But don't F yourself long and hard by TRADING THE CAR IN because you're dying to get the new hotness.

Good luck with your decision!
I'm losing about 5-6 k if I do it but am also getting a brand new upgraded last 10th generation .Boost blue also didn't exist when I purchased my 2019.

OP
OP

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
i drive mine a lot and all over the place. heres a few pics, u be the judge on how it looks lol

dirty

0DABBD92-C9F5-4383-8958-61802160A691.jpeg

not as dirty but still dirty

40E60CE8-024E-46A5-80E8-9A436D944C27.jpeg

after a wash

1DEABDA2-EDB5-49DF-A96C-3D3491F5F42D.jpeg

if you do decide to join the best color club, congrats. lol
Yup its obviously much rare than my current black type r also a big plus.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
all joking aside if it puts you in a bigger financial hole its not worth it. maybe the new gen will have some new “must have” color you will like.

Itsjsomething

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370z
Country flag
I would say do what makes you happy. Your decision and choice should be carefully considered. But at the end of the day, it is all on you. I have a boost blue as well, and I usually wash it once a week since I’m very ocd with my cars. They should look somewhat clean if you don’t wash it for a while and only noticeable if you look closely and nit pick.

Honda Civic 10th gen Boost blue owners how clean does it stay after washing AFBF7712-3483-4D94-8123-033E2918D990

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'm losing about 5-6 k if I do it but am also getting a brand new upgraded last 10th generation .Boost blue also didn't exist when I purchased my 2019.
I still go with Yolo - you can't take it with you - post up pics when you get it lol!

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
About the cost of an ok paint job minus the depreciation hit for alterating the color......not a crazy choice if you plan to keep the car a long time AND it's something you really lust over.

Personally, it was BB to the grave for me, as I generally keep cars for a long time and didn't mind waiting for the right one to pop up. But the issues with my previous car were also a good financial incentive to dump it for the R versus you who is taking a big hit for a lateral move.

If it won't affect your financial goals + savings and it's just coming from money you can afford to lose, go for it.
Sponsored