Boomba Racing Rear Motor Mount Installed

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe 1.5T WOP
Engine mount and sway bar installed!

Oh yeah we're vibrating. Let's just say I shouldn't let my girlfriend in the car until it's broken in but that being said it's nothing bad at all. Only really notice it on initial acceleration. After the break in it'll be great.

TOTAL difference. No drama under acceleration. Car is all business. Now all I'm basically waiting for when I hit the gas is the CVT and Turbo. Not the tires.

sniper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Engine mount and sway bar installed!

Oh yeah we're vibrating. Let's just say I shouldn't let my girlfriend in the car until it's broken in but that being said it's nothing bad at all. Only really notice it on initial acceleration. After the break in it'll be great.

TOTAL difference. No drama under acceleration. Car is all business. Now all I'm basically waiting for when I hit the gas is the CVT and Turbo. Not the tires.
It definitely gets better after a week or so.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can confirm like @sniper has said, after only about 150 miles of driving (3rd day since install), I am noticing reductions in the severity of the vibrations.

I am expecting it to still get even better as the miles go by but I can confirm that there is progress and the mount is clearly breaking in.

Meanwhile I am LOVING the way the car feels. Much more settled and sporty, not to mention slightly louder inside the cabin now that the engine is very tightly connected to the subframe. Overall so far I am loving the mount, and when the vibrations settle down I imagine I will love it even more.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The way I would describe the handling differences to someone interested in this part is basically when I push down hard on the gas the only thing I'm waiting on is the Turbo and the CVT, not the tires anymore. The tires basically feel ready to accept power whenever and put it down smoothly, (or as smoothly as a CVT really can)

This mount has made me think that I actually may not need to change the tire width, size, brand when the time does come to replace them.

fightermav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a little ride along, the vibration will get better over time. After about 1500 miles it's better and we'll worth the wait.

Would you say in between 800-1500 miles it continued to get better? Mine has gotten better and I'm at 800 miles with the mount on. Just curious if it will get even better.

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Here's a little ride along, the vibration will get better over time. After about 1500 miles it's better and we'll worth the wait.
Thank you very much for posting this video! We appreciate the shoutout to the upcoming meet we've got happening as well. Its great to hear some long-term feedback.

Civic10DenverBoomba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Hatch Back Sport
Country flag
Guys had the same experience. I have owned 55 cars. This is the worst mod you can do if it’s a daily driver. Running Boomba bov (awesome), Boomba short shift( totally awesome) with hondatA. Using their 9 psi data load. ( really happy with quality of hondatA support)Car runs great without the Boomba rear engine mount. These mounts cause a ton of vibration and not worth the daily noise and vibration. Plus you will not be able to return them. I just wasted 250 dollars . Buyer beware should be on Boomba website that it’s loud and full of vibration. Worst add on part I have ever bought.

SleepyFC1

The Minister of Truth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just wasted 250 dollars . Buyer beware should be on Boomba website that it’s loud and full of vibration. Worst add on part I have ever bought.
Must've bought two, at that price.

Civic10DenverBoomba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Hatch Back Sport
Country flag
Must've bought two, at that price.
Yep I did - $135 for product - $50 install - $50 to take out - Total $235 + PLUS and my time which I bill @ 250 an HR -.. so yeah - I did buy 2- the point us thats the reality of not letting the consumer knowing up front on the website - that there will be NOSIE and VIBRATION with the product and its not designed for DAILY DRIVING PLEASURE.. SO - yeah - I spent $250 PLUS my time to WRITE this REVIEW and have a dialog with you and the FORUM .. under the FREEDOM of speech.. or the right to make other customers AWARE of a FARCE...
Sponsored