civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Wow learned a lot this thread. I wish I would of read this before I installed mine... Was a PITA to install. Guess it is uninstall time! Thanks for the info.
Sponsored

2020antman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cicic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vit Tuned on the Civic X FB page absolutely destroyed the Boomba BOV. There was a pretty technical discussion about how it worked. I'm no engineer and I don't work on cars so not sure but based on Vit's reputation I would trust his judgement to not use the BOV. Short-term I guess it wouldn't harm it under regular use but if you plan on having it long term I wouldn't risk the added carbon building up and extra heat. Boomba replacing the BOV with a lifetime guarantee doesn't mean squat if the BOV damages your car.
Wondering if you have the actual Civic X FB full name, i searched, and there are several. Thanks

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
People saying the stock OEM bypass valve is junk.. I’ve seen 33psi and going from the OEM valve. So please tell me more about how it’s junk? Also there’s never been a report of the OEM valve shitting the bed on anyone. Im going to take a guess, because it doesn’t make all the cool external noises that it’s junk. Well let me ROTFL. :rofl: Unless you are going to pass 30psi daily then you don’t need to touch the bypass valve period.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People saying the stock OEM bypass valve is junk.. I’ve seen 33psi and going from the OEM valve. So please tell me more about how it’s junk? Also there’s never been a report of the OEM valve shitting the bed on anyone. Im going to take a guess, because it doesn’t make all the cool external noises that it’s junk. Well let me ROTFL. :rofl: Unless you are going to pass 30psi daily then you don’t need to touch the bypass valve period.
Here it is, the end of the year 2020 and we've still not seen a post about a failing stock bpv. Weird how that is eh. They told us, just wait, down the road the rubber will tear, the valves will fail and you will see. ahahahahahahahah.
Sponsored