First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's anecdotal still... I was looking for the facts everyone is mentioning. Like a link or someone who has personally had something happen.

Have you thrown a code? What code did it give you? etc?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but everyone knows the nature of car forums... I'm looking for facts and everyone just keeps saying it already is a fact so I don't need to look at anything.
Your right it' just a car forum... All this is false information.... I have a boomba bov for sale if you'e interested :)
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's anecdotal still... I was looking for the facts everyone is mentioning. Like a link or someone who has personally had something happen.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but everyone knows the nature of car forums... I'm looking for facts and everyone just keeps saying it already is a fact so I don't need to look at anything.
ok, air is metered at the MAF, the ecu then expects that air when it hits the engine and will send the correct amount of fuel for the air metered. When you let that air out of the system before it reaches the fuel, the ecu has no idea you have released it and will still send the fuel for the air it was expected. this is called running rich. You wont always throw a CEL for this because it takes a certain % of time running rich for the ECU to recognize this and to throw the code. but when you do this over and over every time you drive and every time you shift and during transients you are just dumping fuel into your engine that isnt needed. Vit has posted datalogs and screenshots of this happening .

if you would proof from the professor himself and to see why its not a preference its facts, go here

https://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Maybe type BOOMBA BOV into the search and see how many threads there are.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
ok, air is metered at the MAF, the ecu then expects that air when it hits the engine and will send the correct amount of fuel for the air metered. When you let that air out of the system before it reaches the fuel, the ecu has no idea you have released it and will still send the fuel for the air it was expected. this is called running rich. You wont always throw a CEL for this because it takes a certain % of time running rich for the ECU to recognize this and to throw the code. but when you do this over and over every time you drive and every time you shift and during transients you are just dumping fuel into your engine that isnt needed. Vit has posted datalogs and screenshots of this happening .

if you would proof from the professor himself and to see why its not a preference its facts, go here

https://www.civicx.com/threads/vent-to-atmosphere-type-blow-offs.10268/

Well finally a few facts have been posted on this thread with the addition of that link.... And I am still uncertain :) and more than happy to admit it.

Looked like one guy had a bunch a good questions and points to make and literally got bullied off the forum which is not cool to see at all... but from what I could understand he didn't keep his cool and ended up swearing or something? So yeah that's his fault if he did, but I believe that could have been handled better on everyone's part.

I spoke to PRL on the phone btw While they do not run the BOV... (for the obvious reason of it being a 200$ part with no performance gain) they did say they believe any side affects to be very minimal if any like MAYBE 1mpg.

I guess Boomba BOV and civicx is like fight club. Rule #1 don't talk about it.

I'm a big fan of VIT actually and want a tune from him just like everyone else. But in the spirit of science would like for a second tuner to chime in. Don't hate me for it but that's just how I am. I can't in good conscience trust results from only one person or party (however reputable or amazing they are or may be)

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well finally a few facts have been posted on this thread with the addition of that link.... And I am still uncertain :) and more than happy to admit it.

Looked like one guy had a bunch a good questions and points to make and literally got bullied off the forum which is not cool to see at all... but from what I could understand he didn't keep his cool and ended up swearing or something? So yeah that's his fault if he did, but I believe that could have been handled better on everyone's part.

I spoke to PRL on the phone btw While they do not run the BOV... (for the obvious reason of it being a 200$ part with no performance gain) they did say they believe any side affects to be very minimal if any like MAYBE 1mpg.

I guess Boomba BOV and civicx is like fight club. Rule #1 don't talk about it.

I'm a big fan of VIT actually and want a tune from him just like everyone else. But in the spirit of science would like for a second tuner to chime in. Don't hate me for it but that's just how I am. I can't in good conscience trust results from only one person or party (however reputable or amazing they are or may be)
8.8 afr during shifting should be all you need to see. That and the fact the boomba locked down all comments related to anything about their BOV. Again, its not Vits preference. It math and science. No one can stop you from running one, but you can't say its not doing harm or wrong when the facts of how MAF tuning works are out there. Its not just MPGs its everything involved with letting car spike rich like that thousands and thousands of times over and over and over. There are people who are running it that say, "nothing is wrong so far" but thats like a smoker saying, well I dont have cancer yet.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
a very rudimentary drawing on my phone
Honda Civic 10th gen Boomba BOV upload_2017-12-27_16-25-18

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
a very rudimentary drawing on my phone
upload_2017-12-27_16-25-18.png
Yes that is very rudimentary. I agree. Do you have any facts? Like numbers for example or a person's name that had their car damaged?

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
8.8 afr during shifting should be all you need to see. That and the fact the boomba locked down all comments related to anything about their BOV. Again, its not Vits preference. It math and science. No one can stop you from running one, but you can't say its not doing harm or wrong when the facts of how MAF tuning works are out there. Its not just MPGs its everything involved with letting car spike rich like that thousands and thousands of times over and over and over. There are people who are running it that say, "nothing is wrong so far" but thats like a smoker saying, well I dont have cancer yet.
Like I said I would like to see the results duplicated cause that's the way science works. Like a second tuner should do exactly what VIT did.

You can't blame boomba for blocking posts when 100% of them are negative and only backed up by one guy from one graph. No one can be convinced otherwise and there is actually very little info on this however rock solid this one graph may be it is just that. One graph by one guy. (It may be a few idk cause no one posts the facts in here... but it is from one party only)

No one can prove this even damages the car because no ones car has be damages. So you may have reason to believe it would damage a car but that is not a fact. And I sir (or mam) am lookin for FACTS and science!

And it would be like that.. had multiple parties, proving over and over, beyond reasonable doubt, that smoking cigarettes causes cancer.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like I said I would like to see the results duplicated cause that's the way science works. Like a second tuner should do exactly what VIT did.

You can't blame boomba for blocking posts when 100% of them are negative and only backed up by one guy from one graph. No one can be convinced otherwise and there is actually very little info on this however rock solid this one graph may be it is just that. One graph by one guy. (It may be a few idk cause no one posts the facts in here... but it is from one party only)

No one can prove this even damages the car because no ones car has be damages. So you may have reason to believe it would damage a car but that is not a fact. And I sir (or mam) am lookin for FACTS and science!

And it would be like that.. had multiple parties, proving over and over, beyond reasonable doubt, that smoking cigarettes causes cancer.
um the facts are that when you vent air expected by an ecu that calculates fuel delivery, you in fact run rich, like 8.8 rich. Then you have all the side effects of a car that runs rich OVER AND OVER HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TIMES ON PURPOSE and you will end up with issues. I mean if you can't deal in logical facts in how a MAF ecu works, (FYI, I didnt really know either until I allowed myself to be educated, and Im presenting those facts to you here) then this conversation is pointless, you should go ahead and run your bov and holla back when your car has cancer.......

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
um the facts are that when you vent air expected by an ecu that calculates fuel delivery, you in fact run rich, like 8.8 rich. Then you have all the side effects of a car that runs rich OVER AND OVER HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF TIMES ON PURPOSE and you will end up with issues. I mean if you can't deal in logical facts in how a MAF ecu works, (FYI, I didnt really know either until I allowed myself to be educated, and Im presenting those facts to you here) then this conversation is pointless, you should go ahead and run your bov and holla back when your car has cancer.......
Less facts more BOV please.

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag

You could always get you a KTuner unit and do your own data logs and see the results for yourself then you would have that second opinion that you yearn for

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You could always get you a KTuner unit and do your own data logs and see the results for yourself then you would have that second opinion that you yearn for
I could but wouldn't know what is be looking for and would rather leave it to the professionals... wait wait! I said professionals not the only professional on the forum. I apologize but I wanna see this duplicated and confirmed that this will actually harm a car beyond a slight decrease in fuel economy?

Hmm... it's not like there are years and years of debate on this topic or anything :rolleyes:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=BOV+on+MAF

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rich+fuel+mixture+effects

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MAF+vs+speed+density

:google:

In other words, if you're really about that BOV life... this would probably be your best bet unless you go balls to the wall with mods:

I'm disappointed that this is how things are now. I asked for a second opinion and everyone is so hostile. I really don't think you know what you're arguing about.

You're probably right. I never said you were wrong only that I wanna see a second opinion because that's how science works.

Everything should be validated by an outside party.

Please repost any pics forums posts etc with facts not from vit or any posts I've made saying that any of your findings or facts are wrong

Last edited:

jayee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Sold), 2020 BMW M2C
Country flag
I'm disappointed that this is how things are now. I asked for a second opinion and everywhere is so hostile. I really don't think you know what you're arguing about.

You're probably right. I never said you were wrong only that I wanna see a second opinion because that's how science works.

Everything should be validated by an outside party.

Please repost any pics forums posts etc with facts not from vit or any posts I've made saying that any of your findings or facts are wrong
Seeing as that was the first post I've ever made on this forum, I would be amazed if you said I was wrong before...

You asked for more sources, I delivered more sources. Sources dating back to the early 2000's. Did you actually read through anything in those search results?

A MAF sensor is a MAF sensor. Our cars do not have some sort of super sensor capable of compensating for an unmeasured amount of air released into the atmosphere after the air has passed the sensor.

BOV on MAF caused rich fuel in 2000.
BOV on MAF causes rich fuel in 2017.
Rich fuel causes stuttering, misfiring, and stalling amongst other problems.

Not sure what you are expecting when you are challenging a known fact.

P.S. - I'm pretty sure the Earth is round but you know, I'd like some verification that it's actually round because I saw these guys talking about chem trails and it kind of makes me think that NASA is wrong. I mean not to insult NASA or anything but I'd just like a second opinion.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.