Status
Not open for further replies.

Faduzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Here is an idea, why dont you email any and all tuners listed here on civicX and any other tuners who tune MAF cars and then post their replies here! Then your research will include more than the one active tuner in this thread. That way when you find the one tuner dumb enough to tell you it’s ok to run a bta bov on a maf car, we will all know to avoid that tuner. Because science
How about shots fired in a friendly manner?

@VitViper are you the best civic tuner in the world?

Ppl are blindly following you without any backup data other than yours. I said you were probably right and ppl are bullying me asking that a second tuner chime in, in spirit of the scientific process. No one has shown damage on a car with a vta so im not so sure that any noticeable damage would incure (though it may have on a completely different car). Only looking for facts and data (which you always provide)

In a recent post I mentioned it being good practice to make sure a second party checks facts at the very least.

Please let everyone know while this may not be ideal it has had not been know to cause any damage in any 10th gen civics and that it is only believed that it may.

I represent no company. I like vit. I like boomba (motor mounts in the past) I like everyone but to say that no one needs to do a second test that's insane. No one is beyond checking up are you serious?
Honestly, who cares what he does. It's his car, he can run the BOV if he wants.
Well you work with PRL right? I wasn't lying when I said they told me side affects are minimal at best?

What Is a guy to do when there is ONE guy (you) saying it's bad. And tons of old school guys doing it on talons sti' s and supra's saying the side affects are minimal at best. I want more info and get raked over the coals for it... not cool since I just want a second tuner to say yeah vits right
Sponsored

Last edited:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
How about shots fired in a friendly manner?

@VitViper are you the best civic tuner in the world?
I fail to understand how that is relevant at all to the operation of a pull thru MAF tuned vehicle and why you should not vent metered air. It doesn't take a "tuner" to analyze a simple datalog, reinstall the factory BPV and compare.

But I'll play your silly little game. How many of your "tuner sources" have developed their own stand alone ECU plug & play tuning solutions for not only the 1.5 turbo, but the 2.0 Type R and every known Honda platform in the last 25 years? I'm confident in saying I understand the engine operation of these vehicles in greater depth than anyone else tinkering with the cars right now.

But we can even step outside the Honda world too... as I'm not just a "Civic Tuner". I've got stand alone solutions running my code for everything from 6 second drag cars, to road race cars, to road vehicles all around the world.

Ppl are blindly following you without any backup data other than yours. I said you were probably right and ppl are bullying me asking that a second tuner chime in, in spirit of the scientific process. No one has shown damage on a car with a vta so im not so sure that any noticeable damage would incure (though it may have on a completely different car). Only looking for facts and data (which you always provide)
Facts were posted many times. Apparently you missed this: https://www.civicx.com/threads/boomba-bov.16827/page-4#post-335073

In a recent post I mentioned it being good practice to make sure a second party checks facts at the very least.
You can always find a "second party" with a view point that aligns with what you want to believe. Doesn't change facts.

Please let everyone know while this may not be ideal it has had not been know to cause any damage in any 10th gen civics and that it is only believed that it may.

I represent no company. I like bit. I like boomba (motor mounts in the past) I like everyone but to say that no one needs to do a second test that's insane. No one is beyond checking up are you ser
You should not vent metered air on a MAF tuned vehicle in pull thru configuration. I don't recall stating anywhere it was going to be the doomsday for anyone's engine. However the ramifications of venting metered air on this vehicle are clearly visible in even the shortest datalogs with any transients (shifting, etc). The cars with a VTA blow off peg out the short term fuel trim almost every single transient, and will cause excessive rich conditions. I've asked people to reinstall their factory bypass and on several occasions they respond with emails of "thanks, the car feels smooth and responsive again". Shocker.

Well you work with PRL right? I wasn't lying when I said they told me side affects are minimal at best?
If an AFR so rich it pegs the lambda on transients and pegs the STRIM full rich is minimal "at best". Sure. More than likely whoever you talked to roll their eyes and said whatever they felt like at the time to get you off the phone and quit wasting their time answering questions completely irrelevant to their business and livelihood. Fun fact: PRL's cars run the factory BPV.

What Is a guy to do when there is ONE guy (you) saying it's bad. And tons of old school guys doing it on talons sti' s and supra's saying the side affects are minimal at best. I want more info and get raked over the coals for it... not cool since I just want a second tuner to say yeah vits right
Apparently you missed this: https://www.civicx.com/threads/boomba-bov.16827/page-4#post-335073

Last edited:

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Look another "tuner" explaining why you should not vent metered air on a MAF based vehicle: https://www.cobbtuning.com/bov-or-bpv-can-i-use-this-intake-maf-sensor/

Unless you think a MAF works different on a Subaru engine vs a Honda engine...?

And no you cannot do speed density on this factory ECU at this time. On our MoTeC solution you can run a BOV with no negative effects at all (not metering air using the MAF with this ECU).

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
When @VitViper lays out his results on anything he finds he always supplies the scientific (realistic) results (facts) not based on his opinion but from actual gathered data and the knowledge that he has based his whole career on. He's not doing this for shits and giggles and we all should feel fortunate that this man takes the time to share crucial data and information with us. Every time he post something for the most part he also includes some sort of scientific data whether it be in a data log or a graph of some sort. At this point you're really wasting his time, your time, and everyone else's.

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Country flag
Why doesn't Boomba invest in an upgraded Bypass valve? They are 3/4s of the way there, and with a lot of folks running increased boost - stock bpv's will start to fail (only going by my experience with other platforms where people increase boost)..

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I wonder if it's possible to switch to a MAP tune, over the MAF. But then agian I have no idea over the pros and cons of MAP/MAF
:dunno:

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think we have enough facts here and we are beating a dead horse. If a credible source wants to bring something new to the table that they can back up, they are welcome to do so in a new thread.

:lock:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.