Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarranza11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Hello,does anyone else have this problem with there BOOMBA BOV?

Sometimes when I'm driving and as I'm stepping on the gas pedal (normal, easy driving) it sound like it's sucking or pushing out air for a few seconds, then returns to normal.

I bought my BOV when it first came out and this started about a month ago. Does anyone else experience this?
@Boomba Racing
Sponsored

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello,does anyone else have this problem with there BOOMBA BOV?

Sometimes when I'm driving and as I'm stepping on the gas pedal (normal, easy driving) it sound like it's sucking or pushing out air for a few seconds, then returns to normal.

I bought my BOV when it first came out and this started about a month ago. Does anyone else experience this?
@Boomba Racing
Yes I was. My car gave me a Check engine light after a long trip. I had anxiety driving my new car. I contacted them for a refund and they made me go through a long process which includes taking pictures of the product and in the end they told me they can only issue a refund before 30 days. Get a forge motorsports re circulation valve and take off that bov ASAP.

Nozomi135

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si (Modern Silver Metallic)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Vit did/documented this and there was a huge thread about it all, in a nutshell, not to bash Boomba, our cars are designed with recirculating valves(BPV) and are NOT designed to vent to atmosphere. You're dumping out metered air, jacking up your fuel trim. May sound neat but it's not worth the adverse effects it causes between CELs, running rich and trashing your cats and declining performance. If you want it to sound nice, get a decent intake/FP/DP and wait for something that is meant for our car.

Last edited:

AsianGuy98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yes I was. My car gave me a Check engine light after a long trip. I had anxiety driving my new car. I contacted them for a refund and they made me go through a long process which includes taking pictures of the product and in the end they told me they can only issue a refund before 30 days. Get a forge motorsports re circulation valve and take off that bov ASAP.
Whats the advantage of getting the Forge Motorsports?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
stock can hold handle the stock turbo with no problem. theres no need to upgrade until you get a bigger turbo maybe

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
stock can hold handle the stock turbo with no problem. theres no need to upgrade until you get a bigger turbo maybe
Yeah another good point but unfortunately I threw away the stock one when I installed the boomba bov due to their advertising I thought I wouldn' need it anymore

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should have left the stock valve or switch back to it. For what you spent on these two mods you could have improved the car's appearance or performance.
Didn't know the bov was bad for this car at first and made the mistake of throwing away the stock valve. But it's okay I've purchased everything I had planned for this year.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.