caluy

First Name
caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type R
Country flag
hi guys i just recently bought a used 2018 CTR with 2km mileage on it. not tuned.

it has these parts installed:

- Gruppe M carbon airbox and intake
- Hks blow off valve
- Hks downpipe
- Blitz nur spec exhaust

my question is: do i need a tune for these mods listed above?

its also good to take note that if i rev the car high enough and release the gas pedal, it sometimes stalls or goes at really low rpm like its about to stall but other than that the car idles really well. my guess its because of the BOV.

anyway im hoping i dont need a tune since im conservative when it comes to those stuff plus there's no reliable tuner here in where i live (phlippines; cebu).. any help is appreciated. thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
also it is good to take note that if i rev the car high enough and release the gas pedal, it sometimes stalls or idles at really low rpm like its about to stall but other than that the car idles really well. my guess its because of the BOV.

Remove BOV and go back to stock. The car uses a recirculating type BOV. HKS BOV is Venting into the atmosphere. The ECU will not compensate for air venting directly to the atmosphere.

OP
OP
caluy

caluy

First Name
caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type R
Country flag
Remove BOV and go back to stock. The car uses a recirculating type BOV. HKS BOV is Venting into the atmosphere. The ECU will not compensate for air venting directly to the atmosphere.
thanks for the reply. does this do any harm on the car if i keep it there? to be honest i like the sound of the BOV.

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Bro you must be rich to get a legit type R in the Philippines. I would know Iā€™m filipino. I came to America when I was 5. Good luck with the build and make sure you keep that thing locked or in a garage at all times. As of tuning, yeah. Youā€™ll have a hard time because not many type R owners are there and if they are they have some serious cash to just even get one. Hope you got a good deal. Iā€™d take the HKS BOV off. Maybe consider going back to stock if you can afford it. I know people who usually donā€™t keep their stock parts if theyā€™re happy with their current set up.

OP
OP
caluy

caluy

First Name
caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type R
Country flag
Bro you must be rich to get a legit type R in the Philippines. I would know Iā€™m filipino. I came to America when I was 5. Good luck with the build and make sure you keep that thing locked or in a garage at all times. As of tuning, yeah. Youā€™ll have a hard time because not many type R owners are there and if they are they have some serious cash to just even get one. Hope you got a good deal. Iā€™d take the HKS BOV off. Maybe consider going back to stock if you can afford it. I know people who usually donā€™t keep their stock parts if theyā€™re happy with their current set up.
typeR is much more expensive herein the phil. around $64,000.

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
typeR is much more expensive herein the phil. around $64,000.
Exactly my point. You need to have a lot of money to acquire a Type R. Trust me. I wasnā€™t rich in the Philippines. We had one motor to use for the family and we used jeepneys or walked. Even getting that used is expensive. Even my richest cousins there can only afford a base sedan from Hyundai.

to get back on track. Congrats on the pick up. In my case the car is stock is plenty fun. I doubt you have the best places to even open it up so leaving it stock will be beneficial to the carā€™s longevity and your wallet. As of right now I have FBO and a tune with hondata just last night. In total Iā€™ve probably spent 5k on my car. Mainly power mods and some cosmetics. Thatā€™s a conversion of about 250,000 php. Iā€™m happy and the only thing I have left is wheels and tires and the intercooler and charge pipes. But thatā€™ll be next year.

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The BOV might be causing the problem. I donā€™t think you need a tune for the GruppeM intake but could be wrong, donā€™t need it for the downpipe unless itā€™s throwing a check engine light.

In any case, Iā€™ve tuned Type Rs remotely in the Philippines. Youā€™re not going to get anything out of your parts without one. If youā€™d like a tune, let me know. www.FK8.clinic/products/tune

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
I agree, reinstall the stock recirculating BOV. I hope the previous owner gave you the OEM parts.
Sponsored