Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
100% EP3s, 100% FN2 and 100% of FK2 were also made in Swindon? (JDM EP3s were assembled in Swindon and then sent to Japan). Only EK9s and FD2s were made in Japan...
I was thinking more of the DC5 and Integra R's. I'm not necessarily obsessed with Civic and I have no idea of the build quality of the FN2 and FK2. It looks like you're in the UK - would you care to chime in? Could you also comment on depreciation long term on Type R's over there? I know there are confounding factors like insurance, tax on the engine size, etc, but how does it compare to something like a STi in the UK Market?
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Ironically, Swindon is producing some of the better fitting Civics, which isn't saying much lol. It's a widespread issue at just about every location. In fact, we're seeing it on quite a few mass produced platforms including the Odyssey and Accord.

In the OP's case, that looks like an issue with the attachment tab (best guess). Something that's usually handled by the dealer network's body shop. They may not be able to do much, but it's worth asking.

My 2 cents...

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was thinking more of the DC5 and Integra R's. I'm not necessarily obsessed with Civic and I have no idea of the build quality of the FN2 and FK2. It looks like you're in the UK - would you care to chime in? Could you also comment on depreciation long term on Type R's over there? I know there are confounding factors like insurance, tax on the engine size, etc, but how does it compare to something like a STi in the UK Market?
I follow the forums here and it seems that FK2s and FK8s have more complaints about paint and bodywork than the old ones. Regarding depreciation, better show it with links than words:

FK8's are already at 15-20% depreciation (launch was in Sept 2017)
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se...DA&model=CIVIC&year-from=2017&zero-to-60=TO_8

STI's are at 20%-ish:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-se...=New&make=SUBARU&model=WRX STI&year-from=2017

If you play with those links you can see other cars, but here we can get recently imported EK9s for £10-15k and a great condition EP3 is £4-5k. DC5s are also really cheap

think3mm

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
Second gen CR-V's made in Swindon were pretty tight. :)

One of the unknowns/probably cons to this car is it's made in England. Fit and finish seems a little lacking, although I'm sure the tranny and engine are solid.

I wish they had produced it in Japan, like past Type Rs.
Sponsored