First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forums but I wasn't really sure who else to ask so help would be appreciated. I got in a slight fender bender with my new Honda Civic Hatchback and would love some input on how to fix it. I will attach pictures to show the damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Body Repairs 20200404_202446

Honda Civic 10th gen Body Repairs 20200404_212104

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post to the forums but I wasn't really sure who else to ask so help would be appreciated. I got in a slight fender bender with my new Honda Civic Hatchback and would love some input on how to fix it. I will attach pictures to show the damage.

20200404_202446.jpg

20200404_212104.jpg
There’s 3 options:
1) see if a PDR person can fix that and have the bumper replaced or repainted or leave as it
2) take it to a body shop
3) leave it as it

Not sure a PDR can work on that although never hurts to ask, but looks like your only hope is a body shop since that’s not a removable piece of metal that’s the frame of the car

OP
OP

WolfLoMein

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There’s 3 options:
1) see if a PDR person can fix that and have the bumper replaced or repainted or leave as it
2) take it to a body shop
3) leave it as it

Not sure a PDR can work on that although never hurts to ask, but looks like your only hope is a body shop since that’s not a removable piece of metal that’s the frame of the car

I appreciate the feedback. I dont really want to keep it as it is. I will see how much it will run for the PDR for the wheel well and then probably just completely replace the back bumper. I know it's hard to tell but those aren't just paint scratch spots on the bumper, one of them looks like something sharps dug into it and bunched the plastic up.

nw_kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey Wolf,

I actually Co-Own a body shop with my father. It's always worth asking, but very unlikely PDR will be able to repair that Quarter Panel. For what its worth, based on the photos, it seems to be a fairly straight forward repair. A little body work and paint on that quarter will look brand new and that bumper is definitely savable. Again, little body work and paint on the rear bumper will be good as new. Send me a message if you have any questions, but professional opinion is go to a body shop. :thumbsup:

OP
OP

WolfLoMein

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey Wolf,

I actually Co-Own a body shop with my father. It's always worth asking, but very unlikely PDR will be able to repair that Quarter Panel. For what its worth, based on the photos, it seems to be a fairly straight forward repair. A little body work and paint on that quarter will look brand new and that bumper is definitely savable. Again, little body work and paint on the rear bumper will be good as new. Send me a message if you have any questions, but professional opinion is go to a body shop. :thumbsup:
Thank you for your input! I appreciate it! I have a friend who does PDR and he said it might not be do-able and probably need to go to the body shop. I don't suppose you and your dad's body shop is in Oklahoma? If it is, I would come to you guys for work!

nw_kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your input! I appreciate it! I have a friend who does PDR and he said it might not be do-able and probably need to go to the body shop. I don't suppose you and your dad's body shop is in Oklahoma? If it is, I would come to you guys for work!
Happy to help! Unfortunately, we are located in Washington State but I can give you my best advice when it comes to choosing a shop. Again, this is just my professional opinion so no harm meant. As for choosing a body shop, I advise all my customers to do their research first. Check out reviews online, go to the shop and speak with the staff. Make sure its somebody you get along with. It should feel like family more than business. This is your baby they're fixing after all. Also, try to avoid big brand name shops like Gerber, Service King, Abra, etc. Find a nice Mom & Pop shop with a good attitude. They'll take care of you!
Sponsored