BMW 4 series gran coupe profile

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just for fun, clearly the cars are quite different, but still the exterior dimensions are not too far, except for wheelbase due to different engine/traction configuration. Civic is slightly longer and narrower and a lot lighter and of course cheaper!

Honda Civic 10th gen BMW 4 series gran coupe profile vs bm4 4gc
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I drove a 435i M Sport, it didn't do anything for me, it's simply too heavy with numb steering to be a drivers car.

228i M Sport was a lot more fun.

Akinari

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Let's not kid ourselves. The 4GC, along with anything with the word "Gran Coupe" in the name are hands-down one of the best looking cars on the market right now. Would take that in a heartbeat over any Civic, except for the Type-R maybe.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's not kid ourselves. The 4GC, along with anything with the word "Gran Coupe" in the name are hands-down one of the best looking cars on the market right now. Would take that in a heartbeat over any Civic, except for the Type-R maybe.
Sure.But i can have 4 (4!) civics for the price of one BMW in China

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Sure, I'd take it and trade it for something I actually want. Like a Jaguar XE. :)

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I just found this topic.
- I had a Bmw F36 420D GC M/T from march 2015. Sport line. Nice car handled above the average, better than F30 (3 series). Looked nice, stylish. However in corners, quick maneuvers, leaving from stand-still you could feel the 3500+ lbs. In the tight corners it was struggling, you had to be prepared to trail brake. It was not really that nimble. Otherwise a great highway cruiser.
- I traded in the Bmw for a 2019 CTR GT. And never looked back. CTR is 1 class above in handling, excitement, looks(stands out, looks like an exotic car). Only thing that Bmw had better was the "premium" interior(materials). But given that I prioritize a car's dynamics/capabilities I'm not picky about interiors.
- I recently drove also a Civic Sedan 2019 Elegance 1.5 turbo, M/T. And I can say that it's very close to the 4 series handling/dynamics. Even more, the Civic is about 5-600 lbs lighter which makes a difference. It is so much nimble, agile. Engine has the same power so you have even better rolling acceleration. The engine sounds way better over 3500 rpm than the Bmw. Yes Honda interior is not so premium but it depends what you are looking for. It's nice/sporty enough, the materials look solid, build quality is there.

Better drive test both cars if possible before making a marketing based choice.

Last edited:

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
I test drove the 2021 coupe m440i XDrive and wow! Just wow! It brakes very well for ~3950 lbs CW and not bad at all taking the off ramp (couldn't take the car that far... only on Highway 78 near the dealership). Is it quick? Yes... very quick for a stock vehicle with the B58 mild hybrid system.... add a JB4 E30 Tune... (cheaper than a CTR actually to do this) and about ~100 HP increase. I know because I own a 2021 m340i and did this =) So I chose the m340i Sedan.. it was also ~8k cheaper. Another one to consider is the m240i which has a different B58 setup (wiki this). But... tons of aftermarket... and again.. B58 JB4 piggy back (or flash bootmod3) and wow! I think the 2021 is the last of the m240i according to this > https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-bmw-2-series-coupe-spy-shots/

probably why it's going up in price on the used market... def. need the limited slip differential upgrade though! Can't go wrong with a B58 equipped BMW... lots of upgrade potential and JB4 works flawless ... best bang for the buck... no bolt-ons needed for an extra 100 HP.

SichuanHot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The B58 is an amazing and silky smooth unit. I was checking the used market for a manual 340 and they are holding steady at low 30k with moderate miles. That being said the B48 is no slouch either and with the power bump in the G20, it's very much a capable track car. There's a F31 wagon owner who tracked his 328xi which has the older and weaker N series inline 4 unit and was able to easily keep up with E46 M3. The post is here and it's an interesting read: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954033
Sponsored