First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Good day people,

I am new with car modifications. With that being said, I bought a BMS intercooler for my 2016 EX-T. However, BMS does not sell charge pipes with their intercooler, so I am wondering if other charge pipes from other company like PRL AEM, and 27won is compatible with my BMS intercooler. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
103 views and no replies. WOW!!! LOL.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Good day people,

I am new with car modifications. With that being said, I bought a BMS intercooler for my 2016 EX-T. However, BMS does not sell charge pipes with their intercooler, so I am wondering if other charge pipes from other company like PRL AEM, and 27won is compatible with my BMS intercooler. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.
If the diameter is right it should in theory.

Yeah that can happen

booost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I dont think other charge pipes will be compatible. Do you need charge pipes any way over the stock ones? I would also look toward the brands that offer the complete package if that's what you're looking for rather than piecing together.

JO3L

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC1E5, NA6CE
Country flag
@Wesley10thGenExT Most of these companies list their charge pipes as only fitting with their specific intercooler cores. Since the core you bought is listed as a direct bolt on and compatible with stock IC pipes, you will want to find a company selling pipes that are compatible with stock IC core.

Why do you think you need to replace the IC pipes though? If you are still on stock turbo I wouldn't worry about replacing them.

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I appreciate the replies guys. From further researched, I do not need to upgrade the stock charge pipe unless I upgrade my stock turbo.
@Wesley10thGenExT Most of these companies list their charge pipes as only fitting with their specific intercooler cores. Since the core you bought is listed as a direct bolt on and compatible with stock IC pipes, you will want to find a company selling pipes that are compatible with stock IC core.

Why do you think you need to replace the IC pipes though? If you are still on stock turbo I wouldn't worry about replacing them.
@JO3L Thanks for the reply bro. Did a research and I do not need to replace my stock IC pipes unless I upgrade my turbo just like you said. However, since I have a CVT, according to the people in the forum, apparently, upgrading the turbo might break the transmission due to having more torque power or something like that. I am not sure if that is legit.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I appreciate the replies guys. From further researched, I do not need to upgrade the stock charge pipe unless I upgrade my stock turbo.

@JO3L Thanks for the reply bro. Did a research and I do not need to replace my stock IC pipes unless I upgrade my turbo just like you said. However, since I have a CVT, according to the people in the forum, apparently, upgrading the turbo might break the transmission due to having more torque power or something like that. I am not sure if that is legit.
CVT can only handle so much torque. It's why you don't see alot of us running upgraded turbos and hitting like 280+ whp. Some bolt ons and a good tune like Phearable or TSP and you'll sit comfortably at like 220-230 or so.

I've seen one or two guys push CVTs with turbo upgrades and custom tunes but those custom tunes still kept their torque low in the safe area

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
CVT can only handle so much torque. It's why you don't see alot of us running upgraded turbos and hitting like 280+ whp. Some bolt ons and a good tune like Phearable or TSP and you'll sit comfortably at like 220-230 or so.

I've seen one or two guys push CVTs with turbo upgrades and custom tunes but those custom tunes still kept their torque low in the safe area
So I can get and install most of the mods for my car except the turbo and turbo inlet?

This is what I have so far:

-PRL short ram intake(will upgrade to cobra eventually)
-BMS intercooler

Will be getting ktuner v2 next week with a 1.5 phearable tune. Then either RV6 or PRL downpipe and a Flex fuel kit.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So I can get and install most of the mods for my car except the turbo and turbo inlet?

-BMS intercooler

Will be getting ktuner v2 next week with a 1.5 phearable tune. Then either RV6 or PRL downpipe and a Flex fuel kit.
Honestly unless you're looking to full send you really don't need to spring for flex fuel.

Intercooler, downpipe, intercooler, and the Phearable tune is gonna feel real solid. If you did flex fuel you could easily make more power but you'd have to venture into custom tuning. Idk if you're daily driving but with e85 you'll be adding some more upkeep. I know you've gotta clean injectors and some other stuff more often when you're running flex fuel. I'd definitely say get the downpipe and Phearable 1.5 tune and see how you're feeling.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

-BMS intercooler

I'm not saying that you can't go and run flex fuel and upgrade your turbo and full send it to like 280-300hp on a CVT hatch.

I'm just saying from the few people I've seen who have, they wouldn't do it again. You'd just be spending alot more money for the power without the torque to help it out.

OP
OP
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I'm not saying that you can't go and run flex fuel and upgrade your turbo and full send it to like 280-300hp on a CVT hatch.

I'm just saying from the few people I've seen who have, they wouldn't do it again. You'd just be spending alot more money for the power without the torque to help it out.
I would do what you suggested just to be safe. I appreciate all your input bro.

Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I would do what you suggested just to be safe. I appreciate all your input bro.
Late on this thread but if you needed to upgrade your charge pipes, the injen ones fit on the bms. The injen charge pipes were meant to with the oem intercooler

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Late on this thread but if you needed to upgrade your charge pipes, the injen ones fit on the bms. The injen charge pipes were meant to with the oem intercooler
I just got the BMS intercooler and was wondering about this. With that said, the Injen charge pipes are quite a bit on the expensive side.

Edcalgarian

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I just got the BMS intercooler and was wondering about this. With that said, the Injen charge pipes are quite a bit on the expensive side.
If you go to the mapperformance website sometimes they have a clearance sale on there wrinkle red Injen charge pipes. They cut the price down more then half I believe. I bought them for this reason

Tobiman

First Name
Oluwatobi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
If you go to the mapperformance website sometimes they have a clearance sale on there wrinkle red Injen charge pipes. They cut the price down more then half I believe. I bought them for this reason
I'll be on the lookout. Thx!
Sponsored