Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you personally measure the MAF?
Yes i have both the stock SI ,Non SI , and PRL street MAF housing here.And i measured every size in there.

Here's a sketch of the oem maf housings. (note there's a angled face that isn't drawn in this sketch.)
The PRL Street MAF housing is a exact copy of OEM,they only added the 4" flange.

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake OEM MAF Housing size Non SI

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake OEM MAF Housing size SI

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yes i have both the stock SI ,Non SI , and PRL street MAF housing here.And i measured every size in there.

Here's a sketch of the oem maf housings. (note there's a angled face that isn't drawn in this sketch.)
The PRL Street MAF housing is a exact copy of OEM,they only added the 4" flange.

OEM MAF Housing size Non SI.jpg

OEM MAF Housing size SI.jpg
Sorry, should have been more clear, I was referring to the BMS MAF housing.

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey, it seems like I have a similar problem to other users, I bought the non-race version for the Si to go onto my 2019 Si sedan. But when installing it, my MAF will definitely not fit in the hole. I was wondering if anyone with the non-race Si MAF housing and the non-race 1.5T MAF housing could measure the holes the MAF is supposed to fit into? My stock MAF hole is about 1.25 inches, while I'm pretty sure the MAF housing they gave me has a diameter of only 1 inch. I've been talking to their customer support about it, but they claim that the MAF hole size for all the Civics are the same, which I don't believe.
If you haven't, I'd message Terry directly, I believe he's the owner.

[email protected]

905Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Sensing, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Country flag
FWIW, I ordered the factory calibration for my HB Sport and fitment was perfect. Also running the PRL intake hose and install was a breeze to the least.

Tabooo

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
FWIW, I ordered the factory calibration for my HB Sport and fitment was perfect. Also running the PRL intake hose and install was a breeze to the least.
Yeah, the fitment to the stock intake hose and the filter they provided was really good, and I was almost done with the install until I tried to put the MAF in. Cue me having to undo all of it to get the stock air box back on, haha. I'm glad it worked for you though!

sanosato

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I'm quite intrigued by this intake and am really leaning towards this versus the PRL short ram.
I came from a 2005 Corolla XRS that I installed an SRI on, and to me, the current-gen Civic Si is sooo quiet it is almost disturbing. Toyota's 2ZZ motor was so much fun when you hit Lift and ran it to the redline.
So intake/exhaust noise(without being obnoxious) is a plus in my book and is part of what I enjoy in my daily driving experience.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has tested or would happen to have an idea if the bracket from PRL's Short Ram Conversion Kit might be able to mount to the bottom of BMS's MAF housing?

While I could live with mounting this kit to the lower portion of the OE airbox, I'd rather pull out the OE box entirely and use a bracket for mounting as PRL does.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm quite intrigued by this intake and am really leaning towards this versus the PRL short ram.
I came from a 2005 Corolla XRS that I installed an SRI on, and to me, the current-gen Civic Si is sooo quiet it is almost disturbing. Toyota's 2ZZ motor was so much fun when you hit Lift and ran it to the redline.
So intake/exhaust noise(without being obnoxious) is a plus in my book and is part of what I enjoy in my daily driving experience.

What I'm curious about is if anyone has tested or would happen to have an idea if the bracket from PRL's Short Ram Conversion Kit might be able to mount to the bottom of BMS's MAF housing?

While I could live with mounting this kit to the lower portion of the OE airbox, I'd rather pull out the OE box entirely and use a bracket for mounting as PRL does.
I currently have it installed floating ? with the air box pulled. The intake tube from the TIP has been rigid enough to hold it. I don't plan on leaving it long term though

I don't see why it couldn't sit on the PRL bracket

Razzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Installed last night thanks to this thread and couldn't be happier! The turbo sounds GREAT, my IAT dropped a bit and my fuel trims basically stayed at 0% after I drove around for a while. Good stuff!

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake 20210407_191519

salik990

First Name
Salik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic 1.5T, 15' Audi A3 1.8T, Toyota Hilux Revo 2017
Country flag
Installed last night thanks to this thread and couldn't be happier! The turbo sounds GREAT, my IAT dropped a bit and my fuel trims basically stayed at 0% after I drove around for a while. Good stuff!

20210407_191519.jpg
This would be heat soaking in summer, if it had heat shield or something to divert fresh air directly to the filter. BMS is great product m using their JB4 and oil catch can on other car.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This would be heat soaking in summer, if it had heat shield or something to divert fresh air directly to the filter. BMS is great product m using their JB4 and oil catch can on other car.
What brings you to this conclusion?

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Just posting my personal findings while using this SRI (At least for the full day I've had it on now.) This is copied straight from a conversation I was having directly with OP (86salmon) so excuse the various chatter:

Well I gotta say thanks again, man! I just got back from my trip yesterday, got up this morning and installed the BMS intake. It was super simple, I was just overthinking it haha.

The only hiccup (aside from intermittent rain, bipolar Florida weather) I had was the included J bracket, as I wasn't QUITE sure what it was for and when I figured that bit out, which way went which!? But your original post fully cleared that one up for me with one of your post-install photos (along with a bit of "lemme yank on the bottom of the stock airbox to make this line up!")

I've gotta say this thing sounds GREAT. I just got done doing a late evening 80 mile drive through city/country areas (driving all over the place for like 3 hours a day in one go is a hobby of mine, in addition to 2+ hours round trip commute for my daily work routine) while monitoring my KTuner 2.0 (TSP Stage 1 tune, Map 2) and this thing appears to perform much better than the Stage 1 TSP intake (which I know was really just a new filter and a silicone hose.)

As a sort of crappy addendum to your original post about your testing (even though you don't even have this setup anymore ?) I think I've had similar results so far.

1. No CELs so far.
  2. Only late afternoon and night driving over the same day so far. Didn't track humidity but it's Pensacola, Florida in early August so it's essentially 90%+ humidity all day and night. Ambient temperature ranges from 88F down to 72F (depending on location & time of day, i.e. early evening/late evening, urban or countryside.)
  3. All driving done on TSP Stage 1 Tune, Map 2.
  4. IATs varied widely, but mostly dependent on location and whether or not the car was at a stop. Highest IAT1 I saw was 144 (which is much higher than the TSP Stage 1 Intake ever saw) but I was behind a massive lifted truck sitting in a McDonalds drive thru, urban area approx. 86F ambient, at a dead stand still. IAT2 with stock intercooler temps were seeing upper 120s/lower 130s. Note: Once I began driving again IAT1 and IAT2 temperatures dropped significantly lower, generally with 100-110F)
  5. Lowest IAT1 was 92 (which is way lower than I saw with the Stage 1 Intake) while cruising around 60mph in a countryside area, ambient temps approx. 72F. IAT2 was, strangely, essentially the same temperature, hovering from 93F to 95F. I don't know enough about the expected behavior of the stock intercooler (or any intercooler really) to know if this is anything of significance.
  6. LTFT1 is significantly (at least within the ranges I was seeing prior with TSP Stage 1 Intake) better. With Stage 1 Intake I was running rich (peaking at around minus 8-9.) With the new intake I managed to move in and out of a range of minus 5 to zero. I suspect maybe my install of the Stage 1 Intake might have been a bit faulty? I don't see how this intake could improve my trims this much.
  7. Subjective differences: I feel as though the throttle response is noticeably better. I'm not sure if this is to be expected or if it's just me imagining things, but it's significantly increased my driving enjoyment. Additionally, the massive amount of WHOOSH I get versus the Stage 1 Intake is hugely enjoyable.
Overall I feel this was easily worth the price I paid. Most posts I'd encountered were very much against SRIs, complaining about heatsoak and whatnot. But this mod is pretty neat, at least to this automotive newbie. I fully agree that a Cobra CAI is likely what you'd want to use for maximum performance, but for those of us who worry about hydrolock (I've personally known 4 different people who have experienced this) or don't want to spend the extra cash, the BMS Honda Intake is pretty dang neat.

Thanks again for your original write-up on this, this intake was nowhere on my radar initially until I found your post a week or two ago and now I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

P.S. I checked out the KTuner this morning on my hour drive to work (50ish miles one way, mostly interstate/highway driving.) Outside temp was ~80F, humidity was 95%. My LTFT1 alternated between -1% to 0. IAT1 varied from 92F to 98F (again, at highway speeds), with IAT2 ranging from 87F to 95F. See the attached screenshot. Excuse the weird gauge choice, I picked it when I first got the tuner.
Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake Ktuner_08-03-21

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just posting my personal findings while using this SRI (At least for the full day I've had it on now.) This is copied straight from a conversation I was having directly with OP (86salmon) so excuse the various chatter:

Well I gotta say thanks again, man! I just got back from my trip yesterday, got up this morning and installed the BMS intake. It was super simple, I was just overthinking it haha.

The only hiccup (aside from intermittent rain, bipolar Florida weather) I had was the included J bracket, as I wasn't QUITE sure what it was for and when I figured that bit out, which way went which!? But your original post fully cleared that one up for me with one of your post-install photos (along with a bit of "lemme yank on the bottom of the stock airbox to make this line up!")

I've gotta say this thing sounds GREAT. I just got done doing a late evening 80 mile drive through city/country areas (driving all over the place for like 3 hours a day in one go is a hobby of mine, in addition to 2+ hours round trip commute for my daily work routine) while monitoring my KTuner 2.0 (TSP Stage 1 tune, Map 2) and this thing appears to perform much better than the Stage 1 TSP intake (which I know was really just a new filter and a silicone hose.)

As a sort of crappy addendum to your original post about your testing (even though you don't even have this setup anymore ?) I think I've had similar results so far.

1. No CELs so far.
  2. Only late afternoon and night driving over the same day so far. Didn't track humidity but it's Pensacola, Florida in early August so it's essentially 90%+ humidity all day and night. Ambient temperature ranges from 88F down to 72F (depending on location & time of day, i.e. early evening/late evening, urban or countryside.)
  3. All driving done on TSP Stage 1 Tune, Map 2.
  4. IATs varied widely, but mostly dependent on location and whether or not the car was at a stop. Highest IAT1 I saw was 144 (which is much higher than the TSP Stage 1 Intake ever saw) but I was behind a massive lifted truck sitting in a McDonalds drive thru, urban area approx. 86F ambient, at a dead stand still. IAT2 with stock intercooler temps were seeing upper 120s/lower 130s. Note: Once I began driving again IAT1 and IAT2 temperatures dropped significantly lower, generally with 100-110F)
  5. Lowest IAT1 was 92 (which is way lower than I saw with the Stage 1 Intake) while cruising around 60mph in a countryside area, ambient temps approx. 72F. IAT2 was, strangely, essentially the same temperature, hovering from 93F to 95F. I don't know enough about the expected behavior of the stock intercooler (or any intercooler really) to know if this is anything of significance.
  6. LTFT1 is significantly (at least within the ranges I was seeing prior with TSP Stage 1 Intake) better. With Stage 1 Intake I was running rich (peaking at around minus 8-9.) With the new intake I managed to move in and out of a range of minus 5 to zero. I suspect maybe my install of the Stage 1 Intake might have been a bit faulty? I don't see how this intake could improve my trims this much.
  7. Subjective differences: I feel as though the throttle response is noticeably better. I'm not sure if this is to be expected or if it's just me imagining things, but it's significantly increased my driving enjoyment. Additionally, the massive amount of WHOOSH I get versus the Stage 1 Intake is hugely enjoyable.
Overall I feel this was easily worth the price I paid. Most posts I'd encountered were very much against SRIs, complaining about heatsoak and whatnot. But this mod is pretty neat, at least to this automotive newbie. I fully agree that a Cobra CAI is likely what you'd want to use for maximum performance, but for those of us who worry about hydrolock (I've personally known 4 different people who have experienced this) or don't want to spend the extra cash, the BMS Honda Intake is pretty dang neat.

Thanks again for your original write-up on this, this intake was nowhere on my radar initially until I found your post a week or two ago and now I'm glad I pulled the trigger.

P.S. I checked out the KTuner this morning on my hour drive to work (50ish miles one way, mostly interstate/highway driving.) Outside temp was ~80F, humidity was 95%. My LTFT1 alternated between -1% to 0. IAT1 varied from 92F to 98F (again, at highway speeds), with IAT2 ranging from 87F to 95F. See the attached screenshot. Excuse the weird gauge choice, I picked it when I first got the tuner.
Ktuner_08-03-21.jpg
So glad it's been good for you. I found this to be a good performing under the radar option for si

Precord96FK7

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. I bought a non-si BMS street intake based on this and other threads. Has been perfect for almost a year. Ran the the TSP stage 1, then Phearable stage 1.5, and now the Phearable 1.5r. I noticed IATs were pretty good when moving (about +10 from IAT2), but when stopped could climb to +40 over ambient.

I did some measuring and figured I'd try to adapt a PRL Cobra cold air extension to the BMS. I taped the BMS MAF housing in DEI gold reflective tape and bought a 3.5" silicone coupler. Cut a piece of the coupler off to match the lip of BMS MAF housing and added the PRL Cobra cold air conversion kit. For filter, I sized up an AFE 4" shirt filter (24-40505, Pro 5R, 4.0 in. Inlet, 5.0 in. Length, 4.0 in. Top, 6.0 in. Bottom)

The IATs changed dramatically after, they're now +10-15 from ambient and almost identical to IAT2 (I've also had a BMS intercooler the entire time also).

Fuel trims have always been within +/- 2-3% at most, but usually closer to 0 with just BMS Sri or the new BMS/PRL Cobra hybrid intake.

Just another option if you have the BMS, but if I could do it all over again I would've just bought the PRL Cobra from the start. But regardless, pretty happy with the new BMS Cobra hybrid.

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake 20210914_144826

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake 20210919_073403

Honda Civic 10th gen BMS intake 20210919_073250

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. I bought a non-si BMS street intake based on this and other threads. Has been perfect for almost a year. Ran the the TSP stage 1, then Phearable stage 1.5, and now the Phearable 1.5r. I noticed IATs were pretty good when moving (about +10 from IAT2), but when stopped could climb to +40 over ambient.

I did some measuring and figured I'd try to adapt a PRL Cobra cold air extension to the BMS. I taped the BMS MAF housing in DEI gold reflective tape and bought a 3.5" silicone coupler. Cut a piece of the coupler off to match the lip of BMS MAF housing and added the PRL Cobra cold air conversion kit. For filter, I sized up an AFE 4" shirt filter (24-40505, Pro 5R, 4.0 in. Inlet, 5.0 in. Length, 4.0 in. Top, 6.0 in. Bottom)

The IATs changed dramatically after, they're now +10-15 from ambient and almost identical to IAT2 (I've also had a BMS intercooler the entire time also).

Fuel trims have always been within +/- 2-3% at most, but usually closer to 0 with just BMS Sri or the new BMS/PRL Cobra hybrid intake.

Just another option if you have the BMS, but if I could do it all over again I would've just bought the PRL Cobra from the start. But regardless, pretty happy with the new BMS Cobra hybrid.

20210914_144826.jpg

20210919_073403.jpg

20210919_073250.jpg
might try the bms non si, street on my hatch. I haven’t tuned yet and don’t have upgraded intercooler. Do you think IATs would be ok?