Si BMS intake

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
I ordered and just received this set up. When I tried to insert the sensor into the bms housing, it does not fit. Any help would be appreciated. 2019 si coupe.
As stated you should return for the correct housing....there is more to it than just the sensor hole size and these vehicles are very particular about the maf sensor positioning and size tube, filter inlet sizing/shape etc.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Eagerly awaiting your findings for the results from the stock tube with this intake. Burger seems to think that it is as good or better than an after market tube.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eagerly awaiting your findings for the results from the stock tube with this intake. Burger seems to think that it is as good or better than an after market tube.
Soon...

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since last posting, I've run a few more logs with the Mishimoto intake tube as well as a couple with the stock tube. As far as I can find, there is a minimal difference between using an aftermarket tube and the stock tube. I plan on running a few more with the stock tube to get a larger sample, but I don't think it will be much different. The PRL, Mishi, and stock tubes with the BMS intake all had IAT at a range of roughly 15-20' over ambient without the AC and and 20-25' over with AC.

A sentiment I have seen is that aftermarket tubes are nothing more than engine dress up. I am starting to think there's truth to this

An additional thought, the stock tube is easier to mount since the accordion end allows for flexibility to more easily reach the mounting points on the BMS MAF and the stock airbox.

Once again, it's important to note that this is from a very small data set. It is also important to note that these tests are in everyday driving conditions. I am sure that prolonged higher stress conditions would have their own set of data. Eventually I'll get to really push this car... :rolleyes1:
I'm hoping to get a road trip to Upstate SC/Western North Carolina for some hill climbing and fun on twisties in the next month or two, October leafing possibly

logs attached

Attachments

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
One question i haven't found the answer for, is the BMS air filter an oiled or dry filter?

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Thanks a bunch for this thread, and all the tests, and useful information, which helped in convincing me to buy this intake. Hopefully it will be here by this weekend, or sooner. Once I get it up and running, I will post my own data findings, in relation to my E30 tuned 6MT Sport Hatch, also paired with a PRL FMIC. I opted for the factory calibration MAF as well. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks a bunch for this thread, and all the tests, and useful information, which helped in convincing me to buy this intake. Hopefully it will be here by this weekend, or sooner. Once I get it up and running, I will post my own data findings, in relation to my E30 tuned 6MT Sport Hatch, also paired with a PRL FMIC. I opted for the factory calibration MAF as well. Stay tuned...
Can't wait!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since last posting, I've run a few more logs with the Mishimoto intake tube as well as a couple with the stock tube. As far as I can find, there is a minimal difference between using an aftermarket tube and the stock tube. I plan on running a few more with the stock tube to get a larger sample, but I don't think it will be much different. The PRL, Mishi, and stock tubes with the BMS intake all had IAT at a range of roughly 15-20' over ambient without the AC and and 20-25' over with AC.

A sentiment I have seen is that aftermarket tubes are nothing more than engine dress up. I am starting to think there's truth to this

An additional thought, the stock tube is easier to mount since the accordion end allows for flexibility to more easily reach the mounting points on the BMS MAF and the stock airbox.

Once again, it's important to note that this is from a very small data set. It is also important to note that these tests are in everyday driving conditions. I am sure that prolonged higher stress conditions would have their own set of data. Eventually I'll get to really push this car... :rolleyes1:
I'm hoping to get a road trip to Upstate SC/Western North Carolina for some hill climbing and fun on twisties in the next month or two, October leafing possibly

logs attached
@86salmon I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I can't thank you enough for the data that you provide, be it small from your perspective. This data/info is HUGE. It's better than nothing at all. I for one really appreciate it since I'm a data driven person so really like the info you have provided.

In the meantime, I really need to upgrade my Ktuner V1 to a newer one so I I'm not crippled by ancient hardware. I'm looking forward to more data as well.

2tone

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si. 2006 bmw 325i
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@86salmon

In the meantime, I really need to upgrade my Ktuner V1 to a newer one so I I'm not crippled by ancient hardware. I'm looking forward to more data as well.
Ancient hardware? Elaborate please I’m confused lol

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like Ktuner does upgrades to v1.2 for $100 or v2 for $249. Not sure what you'd need to do for your tune. I reckon an email to Derek with your pertinent info

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link