Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
might try the bms non si, street on my hatch. I haven’t tuned yet and don’t have upgraded intercooler. Do you think IATs would be ok?
While I think they'd be fine, you'd be better tuning your car first. If you decide to add an intake down the line, your tuning solution will give a means to monitor how things are running
Sponsored

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
So, out of Curiosity, I found this nice thread, but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for clearly.
What is the difference between the Factory and Race calibration for NON-Si SRI?

I have a bone stock 2021 Civic Sport. No Tuner, No mods NADA. Does it really matter which I take if I don't plan on doing anything else to the car?

Go with Factory Calibration or RACE calibration? Everyone else I see here has some kind of mods done....

Any help is appreciated in making a good choice.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, out of Curiosity, I found this nice thread, but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for clearly.
What is the difference between the Factory and Race calibration for NON-Si SRI?

I have a bone stock 2021 Civic Sport. No Tuner, No mods NADA. Does it really matter which I take if I don't plan on doing anything else to the car?

Go with Factory Calibration or RACE calibration? Everyone else I see here has some kind of mods done....

Any help is appreciated in making a good choice.
The race calibration will require a tune and maf scaling to have proper air fuel ratio and trims

I don't know if the PRL race MAF calibration would work or not, but you know what they say about assuming...

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
The race calibration will require a tune and maf scaling to have proper air fuel ratio and trims

I don't know if the PRL race MAF calibration would work or not, but you know what they say about assuming...
So I should stick to a "Factory" setup in that case. Which is what I was leaning towards. I just wanted a little more clarification, because I couldn't find the correct info about the "Race" one. Thank you Sir!

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I should stick to a "Factory" setup in that case. Which is what I was leaning towards. I just wanted a little more clarification, because I couldn't find the correct info about the "Race" one. Thank you Sir!
You're welcome!

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
You're welcome!
Another silly question. If I were to get a second MAF sensor, say used for cheap. And install that on the new SRI, would that make any difference? Does it need to be calibrated or "reset" in any way? or it';s just plug and play? instead of swapping out for original when getting serviced at dealer?

Just to save headaches, even though it shouldn't really.....

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another silly question. If I were to get a second MAF sensor, say used for cheap. And install that on the new SRI, would that make any difference? Does it need to be calibrated or "reset" in any way? or it';s just plug and play? instead of swapping out for original when getting serviced at dealer?

Just to save headaches, even though it shouldn't really.....

Don't know why you'd need another but, as far as I know it should be plug and play.

ObsidionXI

First Name
Rafal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic FK7
Country flag
Don't know why you'd need another but, as far as I know it should be plug and play.
Might be for my peace of mind more than anything else really. Just an easier swap. Instead of having to remove the sensor and re-install it it. I know it's not a long or hard process to do, just I think it's a faster swap overall.

I like to complicate things sometimes lol......

Testudo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatch exl
Country flag
While I think they'd be fine, you'd be better tuning your car first. If you decide to add an intake down the line, your tuning solution will give a means to monitor how things are running
Are there tunes (ktuner) that are “safe” to go with the bms intake?

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
As far as I know there shouldn't be any issue with the base tunes that come with the ktuner or the TSP Stage 1/1+. I've used both with my setup without problems. I believe TSP said the tune will account for the difference in air flow (versus the stock setup.)

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ran Ktuner base, TSP stage one, and custom after turbo swap with this intake, all with good looking trims and afr

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I ran Ktuner base, TSP stage one, and custom after turbo swap with this intake, all with good looking trims and afr
Bit unrelated salmon, but which turbo did you go for and did you modify anything else? I'm still weighing a turbo upgrade eventually.

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bit unrelated salmon, but which turbo did you go for and did you modify anything else? I'm still weighing a turbo upgrade eventually.
I have an MHI td03. I got it when w1, Pure hybrid, and PRL big turbos were the only options. If I were looking now, I'd probably go with the w2 BB, RV6 or Vargas options.

From there, given that I have a 27won tip and the clearance issues RV6 has with it, I'd likely go with the w2 BB or Vargas

I like the td03 though. Spools faster than the w1 and makes similar power

CPTStarDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have an MHI td03. I got it when w1, Pure hybrid, and PRL big turbos were the only options. If I were looking now, I'd probably go with the w2 BB, RV6 or Vargas options.

From there, given that I have a 27won tip and the clearance issues RV6 has with it, I'd likely go with the w2 BB or Vargas

I like the td03 though. Spools faster than the w1 and makes similar power
Given me a lot of food for thought there, thanks! RV6 hasn't steered me wrong so far so maybe that's the route I'll follow. Did you get any dyno numbers after the turbo upgrade? Overall do you feel the upgrade was worth it, kinda like the jump from non-tuned to tuned?

Also, did you switch out any other parts required for the turbo upgrade?

OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Given me a lot of food for thought there, thanks! RV6 hasn't steered me wrong so far so maybe that's the route I'll follow. Did you get any dyno numbers after the turbo upgrade? Overall do you feel the upgrade was worth it, kinda like the jump from non-tuned to tuned?

Also, did you switch out any other parts required for the turbo upgrade?
I added a PRL catted DP when I had the turbo put in. Definitely a big power jump. I thought it was even more noticable than the non tuned to tuned jump

My Dyno numbers aren't very sexy due to weather constraints when I had them run, but on Virtual Dyno pulls it's been around 265-270
Sponsored