Bluetooth connectivity issues with Android phones !

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Dude your response is rude and you didnt read a damn thing we said.

Grow up.
I've read every word of every one of your posts in this thread. I've tried offering helpful advise and suggestions. So have several other people. Seems to me that you and the OP are determined to have an issue here.

I like how you call me rude at the beginning of your post and then tell me to grow up at the end of it. Classic.

Go back and read my first post on this thread if you don't believe that I mean well. It seems to me that you are in fact the ones not reading what others have to say.
Sponsored

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
"Well my car didn't have working wipers, so all I do is just put the window down in rain storms, reach around with a paper towel, and wipe my side of the windshield and everything is perfectly fine, piece of cake, and I don't know why everyone's bitching that the wipers don't work." --nobody ever.
Give me one example of a time when your phone not connecting to the head unit could be considered a safety concern. If your car's safety features stop working, that's a completely different scenario.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I've read every word of every one of your posts in this thread. I've tried offering helpful advise and suggestions. So have several other people. Seems to me that you and the OP are determined to have an issue here.

I like how you call me rude at the beginning of your post and then tell me to grow up at the end of it. Classic.

Go back and read my first post on this thread if you don't believe that I mean well. It seems to me that you are in fact the ones not reading what others have to say.
Ok, but what your saying to do is not helping our problem.or fixing it. You are doing the same thing the dealer is screw it we have no clue just use another feature. No I want what I paid for and an advertised function to work as it is suppose to. Right now it does not work at all. Your suggestion is really no different then if you bought a radio that played no sound and my answer to you was well just put a bluetooth speaker next to it for the sound. No you want the original radio to work as intended.

We are already useing the android auto and bluetooth so realky your suggestions well we are already doing that and it gets us by for now but. The original intent of this post is to see if anyone knows how to FIX the original issue not forget it and use something else. It's not that we are notvreceptice to your suggestions it that we are allready useing those and dont like them and want our original oem functions to work as advertised.

What your suggesting is no different then if you came on here because your bumper falls off and no one tells you how to fix it instead tells you to stop whining and tape it on. We are not asking for alternatives we already know then op was asking if anyone knew how to fix it and since you dont why did you even comment at all?

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Give me one example of a time when your phone not connecting to the head unit could be considered a safety concern. If your car's safety features stop working, that's a completely different scenario.
I can, when I have to plug my phone in I have a larger phone that does not fit properly in that stupid cubby hole. It slides out randomly and gets in way of shifter. Which is why I personally other then it's a pain. Dont want my phone plugged into car.

Dude you are zero help and just determined to be a pain. I'm not gonna answer you any more.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ok, but what your saying to do is not helping our problem.or fixing it. You are doing the same thing the dealer is screw it we have no clue just use another feature. No I want what I paid for and an advertised function to work as it is suppose to. Right now it does not work at all. Your suggestion is really no different then if you bought a radio that played no sound and my answer to you was well just put a bluetooth speaker next to it for the sound. No you want the original radio to work as intended.

We are already useing the android auto and bluetooth so realky your suggestions well we are already doing that and it gets us by for now but. The original intent of this post is to see if anyone knows how to FIX the original issue not forget it and use something else. It's not that we are notvreceptice to your suggestions it that we are allready useing those and dont like them and want our original oem functions to work as advertised.

What your suggesting is no different then if you came on here because your bumper falls off and no one tells you how to fix it instead tells you to stop whining and tape it on. We are not asking for alternatives we already know then op was asking if anyone knew how to fix it and since you dont why did you even comment at all?
Exactly. Saying the same useless stuff the dealer says.... "Oh well. Sorry not sorry. Good luck with whatever" and the issue never gets fixed....

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Ok, but what your saying to do is not helping our problem.or fixing it.

The original intent of this post is to see if anyone knows how to FIX the original issue not forget it and use something else...

...op was asking if anyone knew how to fix it and since you dont why did you even comment at all?
To me, it sounds like the problem is a connectivity issue with the Pandora app in the head unit. You're absolutely right. I don't know how to fix that. And neither do you, so I guess you shouldn't have commented either.

Go back and read the OP. It's not asking for a solution. It's asking for an outlet to send a complaint to. It's asking for others to copy/paste the complaint and send to Honda if they're having the same issue. Get your facts straight.

I can, when I have to plug my phone in I have a larger phone that does not fit properly in that stupid cubby hole. It slides out randomly and gets in way of shifter. Which is why I personally other then it's a pain. Dont want my phone plugged into car.
1. You're describing a scenario where plugging in your phone could be a safety concern. Not a scenario where the inability to connect from your pocket would be unsafe.
2. You are not required to leave your phone in that upper tray in order to plug it in. You could plug it in and set it on the shelf below where the USB jack is. Safety concern avoided.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have same issue as OP. Pandora just wont work on pandora setting on car. Mine displays info, let's me change songs, auto connects to phone...everything but play sound. It shows its playing but nothing comes out. If I swich to blue tooth connection bingo everything works but I loose functions like and dislike. Everything works with android auto but.. its ugly, takes over your phone, gotta have a cord plug and unplug it. Pain in ass. Like op I expect a feature to work as it should. I want to have phone in pocket and that's that. To use android auto gotta keep hooking it up. Waiting on it, get out if car gotta unplug again and so on... it's a pain.
You reminded me that I used to have that no-sound issue on Pandora app awhile back. Haven't seen it do that for about a year now, where everything looks like it's working but theres no audio. Trying to think of what i did back then for that particular issue to go away.
I think I read someone say if you have a flashdrive plugged into the bottom of your center console below the cup holders, to take it out cuz that will fix it. I did have a flash plugged in at the time so i took it out. Cant quite remember if doing that solved the no-sound issue, but thats just an idea. Havent noticed that particular problem in awhile now, luckily.
To homeboy.....truce bro. I do appreciate you offering alternative methods. Also, yes, i guess my thread started as a call-to-arms so to speak, instead of a quest for assistance. At that point, I had completely given up hope, was super pissed off at honda for never fixing the issue and having tried so many suggestions that all failed, and was beyond frustrated. BUT this has turned into a thread where (mostly) kind people are offering suggestions and trying to figure this stupid problem out, and I do appreciate everyone's input. {{PEACE TWO FINGERS}}
Update on suggestions attempted:
I tried leaving the fitbit at home-- didn't help.
I tried opening AND PLAYING a song on phone just before getting in car, to make sure it had pandora as the top priority or wutever-- didn't help.
I tried erasing the pair on the phone to the HU and starting a new pairing-- didn't help.
I went to main menu on HU, then "Phone" and then paired the phone to the HU (this leaves the bluetooth app and pandora app out of the equation and just connects HU to phone) and THEN opened Pandora app-- so far so good ! It's worked flawlessly 3 times tonight as I ran some errands. Open door, get in, start the car, radio displays pandora app and starts the song playing, with phone in pocket. PERFECT !
Fingers crossed it stays working for awhile. If it messes up again, I'll try the "Phone" menu and pair again and see if that does it. I could definitely live with that, doing that every once in awhile. We shall see my friends.
THANKS AGAIN !

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You reminded me that I used to have that no-sound issue on Pandora app awhile back. Haven't seen it do that for about a year now, where everything looks like it's working but theres no audio. Trying to think of what i did back then for that particular issue to go away.
I think I read someone say if you have a flashdrive plugged into the bottom of your center console below the cup holders, to take it out cuz that will fix it. I did have a flash plugged in at the time so i took it out. Cant quite remember if doing that solved the no-sound issue, but thats just an idea. Havent noticed that particular problem in awhile now, luckily.
To homeboy.....truce bro. I do appreciate you offering alternative methods. Also, yes, i guess my thread started as a call-to-arms so to speak, instead of a quest for assistance. At that point, I had completely given up hope, was super pissed off at honda for never fixing the issue and having tried so many suggestions that all failed, and was beyond frustrated. BUT this has turned into a thread where (mostly) kind people are offering suggestions and trying to figure this stupid problem out, and I do appreciate everyone's input. {{PEACE TWO FINGERS}}
Update on suggestions attempted:
I tried leaving the fitbit at home-- didn't help.
I tried opening AND PLAYING a song on phone just before getting in car, to make sure it had pandora as the top priority or wutever-- didn't help.
I tried erasing the pair on the phone to the HU and starting a new pairing-- didn't help.
I went to main menu on HU, then "Phone" and then paired the phone to the HU (this leaves the bluetooth app and pandora app out of the equation and just connects HU to phone) and THEN opened Pandora app-- so far so good ! It's worked flawlessly 3 times tonight as I ran some errands. Open door, get in, start the car, radio displays pandora app and starts the song playing, with phone in pocket. PERFECT !
Fingers crossed it stays working for awhile. If it messes up again, I'll try the "Phone" menu and pair again and see if that does it. I could definitely live with that, doing that every once in awhile. We shall see my friends.
THANKS AGAIN !
Oh I do have a USB in that port.. I'll try tomorrow. If that works I'll be like what!!!!

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
It is SUPPOSED to work the way we've been wanting it to work.... But it DOES NOT WORK. ITS BROKEN. IT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.
Maybe you should save your bitching for the Dealer -- after all, nobody here in the forum is going to be able to help you if you claim it is "Broken".
:flame::dance:

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Maybe you should save your bitching for the Dealer -- after all, nobody here in the forum is going to be able to help you if you claim it is "Broken".
:flame::dance:
I think it's more of a " hey anyone else have this and fix it and how" and you as well as anyone else here knows these forums typically are more helpful.then dealers. Well most the comments anyway.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They really should add a Dislike option you can click for some of these posts....
Do you use headlights?
Do you use the horn ?
Do you use doors at all ?
ITS PART OF THE CAR
Hey, so the haters aside, these posts help when people give positive input. Ever since the second month of owning the car my pandora would display shoe options let me skip songs everything but play sound and all WIRELESS. But havnt had sound no matter what I did. Then in all the BS of the troll posts someone mentioned a USB being in the cup holder USB port... i did in deed have a USB in that port. So i removed it and guess what... everything works again. Just like it is suppose too wireless from my pocket like it is supposed to not as a whiner cry baby who expects things to work as i want. So in your face troll. I got my pandora working and wireless and with phone in my pocket with no BS wires as intended. And its thanks to the helpful.people and a USB drive removal. That's a weird bug though if you ask me.

Just saying stop coming in threads to cause crap and call people stupid. If you dont have the same issue or a solution actually related to the issue might be best to just not say anything.

OP
OP

Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey, so the haters aside, these posts help when people give positive input. Ever since the second month of owning the car my pandora would display shoe options let me skip songs everything but play sound and all WIRELESS. But havnt had sound no matter what I did. Then in all the BS of the troll posts someone mentioned a USB being in the cup holder USB port... i did in deed have a USB in that port. So i removed it and guess what... everything works again. Just like it is suppose too wireless from my pocket like it is supposed to not as a whiner cry baby who expects things to work as i want. So in your face troll. I got my pandora working and wireless and with phone in my pocket with no BS wires as intended. And its thanks to the helpful.people and a USB drive removal. That's a weird bug though if you ask me.

Just saying stop coming in threads to cause crap and call people stupid. If you dont have the same issue or a solution actually related to the issue might be best to just not say anything.
Exactly. And I'm so glad it worked for you :)
Yes definitely weird as hell that plugging into a USB port will cause you to lose audio in Pandora. Makes zero sense.
Ok now back to me though ! lol
Still looking good so far, working flawlessly. I really think it was from going into the HU's "Phone" menu and pairing HU to phone in there, for some reason.
I'll update if I find out anything more.
Thanks again (most) everybody.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
'16 Touring here. BT Pandora + USB device == no audible audio here too. (Acts like it thinks it's playing.) The Honda HU software is just very poor. It's just a characteristic of the car. Some cars have, say, poor visibility to the right rear. Honda Display Audio is bad. Just the way it is.
Sponsored