Status
Not open for further replies.

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
I watched the actual video, that guy's complaint is completely irrelevant to this thread. He's complaining because he burned through tires in 8 months, apparently due to some traction control issue on the Tesla - not familiar with this car at all, but it sounded like he had to do burnouts from stop every time due to some traction control issue? Anyway sounds like a legit gripe.

OP's complaint is that those 20 inch tires are expensive, also a valid gripe, but to be fair he should have checked the specs before buying. Although since the original dc2 had 15 inch wheels, I can understand his shock and amazement.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dpaglianite

dpaglianite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Threatening me over a post? This thread suits your personality very well
I made no threat I just stated you are nutless trash talking internet coward and would not dare say that shit to my face.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
I don't know where you got your info from and I'm just correcting some info so that people aren't left with a bad impression off this car., but the tranny on the f2k is different then the fk8 and same with the engine., both engine and tranny have been beefed up to withhold the power were talking race gears and synchromesh syncros , engine forged and water cooled ., I'm not gonna get into the specifics but definitely bad info posted as far as the tranny being weak..honda stated that the f2k had multiple issues that were infact corrected for the fk8. this also includes the new exhaust system. every part placed on this car is functional. Honda made a beast weather some of us wanna admit it or not., even the wheels., large wheels are required for the adaptive suspension, and helps the cars traction. I wish people educate themselves before passing false info., Honda has issued a you tube video explaining the engine and tranny

2017 Honda Civic Type-R Technical Presentation by Sr. Product Planner, Rob Keough

Last edited:

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Honda has issued a you tube video explaining the engine and tranny

2017 Honda Civic Type-R Technical Presentation by Sr. Product Planner, Rob Keough
It's worth mentioning that this is the same guy who spewed incorrect technical information about the Si during an interview with TOV a couple of months ago.

I would say that unless it's printed by Honda, I don't believe it. Then again, even information printed by Honda has been wrong.

Honda initially stated the Si had remote start and rain-sensing wipers - it does not. Later, Honda stated the Si had a single-mass flywheel, but when the first one was opened up, the same, dual-mass flywheel from the non-Si Civic was found.

I'm not saying this Honda employee is wrong about the Type R, but he doesn't have the best track record - at least when it comes to accurate information about the Si.

fk8_#798

First Name
pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 civic is fully built engine and tranny supercharged e85 , 2017 civic touring 1.5t sedan., 2017 civic type r hatchback 2.0 turbocharged
It's worth mentioning that this is the same guy who spewed incorrect technical information about the Si during an interview with TOV a couple of months ago.

I would say that unless it's printed by Honda, I don't believe it. Then again, even information printed by Honda has been wrong.

Honda initially stated the Si had remote start and rain-sensing wipers - it does not. Later, Honda stated the Si had a single-mass flywheel, but when the first one was opened up, the same, dual-mass flywheel from the non-Si Civic was found.

I'm not saying this Honda employee is wrong about the Type R, but he doesn't have the best track record - at least when it comes to accurate information about the Si.
you may be right. but everything he is stating about the car is on screen and also printed on Hondas web page and a few places. we also have to understand that there is gonna be a few misinformation about the car but I don't think an entire story line would be.......I rather believe a person thats associated with Honda vs. people that just say things to say things without knowledge. we will all soon find out what this machine is capable of. or what is "really in the engine"., once hondata comes out with a flash pro and once we start to see Manley tuff turbo rods and cp pistons for the fk8 someone will crack that engine open....or perhaps its gonna easily hold 500hp on stock internals ... ., but I agree with you on one thing , so many stories going around who do we believe?

emount91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
dude tires are a couple hundred bucks fix, dont sell the whole car because of the literal easiest part to switch on it. you could probably sell the stock tires to someone and break even on the new all weathers....

sounds like you have another reason behind it, but don't want to discuss it openly. buyers remorse?

I'm assuming there will be some of that with people buying a $40,000 HONDA CIVIC.

Last edited:

OP
OP
dpaglianite

dpaglianite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
dude tires are a couple hundred bucks fix, dont sell the whole car because of the literal easiest part to switch on it. you could probably sell the stock tires to someone and break even on the new all weathers....

sounds like you have another reason behind it, but don't want to discuss it openly. buyers remorse?

I'm assuming there will be some of that with people buying a $40,000 HONDA CIVIC.
Buyers remorse, well that's a natural feeling. But not as much as just turned out to be the wrong car for me. I don't fit in the seats well either, the bolster digs my rib cage, really damn annoying.

I won't bullshit yea 38,000 for a car that I can pass on is too high, dumping for the 18 STI.

If it does not break even for me oh well I have given folks here a shot at it n they choose to pass.

But seriously I have been talking to Honda all week n msrp for this car is gonna be rare, IDGAF what folks think, they will let em sit showroom forever before they do that.

My offer is a good one, 2 days left n it's gone, last post about it, peace.

nabusa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S, Acura RLX
Buyers remorse, well that's a natural feeling. But not as much as just turned out to be the wrong car for me. I don't fit in the seats well either, the bolster digs my rib cage, really damn annoying.

I won't bullshit yea 38,000 for a car that I can pass on is too high, dumping for the 18 STI.

If it does not break even for me oh well I have given folks here a shot at it n they choose to pass.

But seriously I have been talking to Honda all week n msrp for this car is gonna be rare, IDGAF what folks think, they will let em sit showroom forever before they do that.

My offer is a good one, 2 days left n it's gone, last post about it, peace.
MSRP is still happening, a few people are still reporting they purchased their CTR's at msrp. They are not going to let a CTR sit on the showroom just because they want ADM. The hype will die down and all those who paid more then MSRP will regret next year when everyone else will be getting theirs at msrp.

Status
Not open for further replies.