Status
Not open for further replies.

teamgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t 2017 civic hatch ST
Country flag
Good way to point it out, TBH if the person is really fed over due to the cost of tires, why not just sell it at the price you paid for with tax, seems like 44,900 seems like hes trying to make a quick buck and that actually makes him look worst than a dealer with ADM

He is look at the first post he is selling it us forum member for 38k.
Sponsored

ACG12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No it's 80% of the reason and the seats are 20%.
The % rating for each reason sounds a lot like buyers remorse for spending $40k on a Civic.

You could've easily bought a set of aftermarket 18s or take off wheels from another Honda vehicle for "cheap" and sold your type R wheels to cover the cost.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
So you decided to go through the trouble of buying a car for $35,000 plus taxes/fees but now you want to sell it over a set of tires that would cost maybe $700-800 a year? And then you also list the car on ebay for $39,900 or buy it now $44,900? Sounds more reasonable if you just said I bought the car and now want to see if I can make some money off it.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2&partnum=43YR0K120XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Honda&autoYear=2017&autoModel=Civic Type R&autoModClar=
Agreed. I'd be curious to see his actual paperwork.

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
You guys are flaming the OP, but it's a legitimate problem and there will be more people like him. The original DC2 Type-R had 15 inch wheels. Why the **** does Honda need to sell this car with 20 inch wheels?!? This isn't a bling contest, but Honda didn't seem to get the note.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
You guys are flaming the OP, but it's a legitimate problem and there will be more people like him. The original DC2 Type-R had 15 inch wheels. Why the **** does Honda need to sell this car with 20 inch wheels?!? This isn't a bling contest, but Honda didn't seem to get the note.
They didn't go with the SUV sized wheels for looks as they serve a purpose. The 20's with 30 series tires were required to get the sharp steering feel they were looking for and reduces torque steer.

OP
OP
dpaglianite

dpaglianite

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I understand getting thrashed, the car shoulda been in another hands, the ebay was just putting it out there. Like I said I'm not looking to turn a profit, just pass it off to someone who won't worry about race car maintenance as a daily driver. I am a father of 2 who wanted to zoom zoom to work everyday n freaked when I saw it n pulled the trigger, then went home n went ahh Fook lol, it's all good

I even ordered the Type R hatch liner, it's free with it. I have also been trying to get that front plate seen in all the demos it's not available anywhere

Edit: but yea if it stays mine, 18 in rims and tires. Thanks to those that pointed that stuff out.

I will take a moment to give some feedback on the car.

1. The seats are amazing as long as you are not a larger person, like I am another problem.

2. There inside is roomy enough even for a me at 6'2 leg room is not an issue.

3. The shift is flawless, the car will turn a shit driver into a really great one. Switching drive modes on the fly is perfect , you can instantly feel the entire car change suspension and steering.

4. It's missing an idle and 1st gear exhaust sound like a wrx would give, but as you push it through the gears it sounds like a monster!

5. The street and freeway driving is not terrible when you consider what you are driving, if you get a crap road then the car rides like a horse n wagon in all modes.

6. The dash console is packed with great features, very sharp display. A little slow through the menus and the safety lock out is just buckshot tbh.

7. The tires kicking up dirt and trash will be a big issue.

Overall the car is not letting anyone down.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blue Type R gotta let it go Screenshot_20170705-101937

Last edited:

IamMrRoy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 HRV, 18 Wrangler JK, 17 Wrangler JKU, 07 Pilot, 06 Chevy Express, 02 Chry PTC, 01 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag
Sounds like she's kinda growin' on ya . . .

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
I know others have posted some ways of getting the tire cost down. Personally, I wouldn't want to reduce the dry grip capability so I'd get Michelin PS4S in 18 inch sizes. They will offer just as much grip as the stock tires, will last 25k + miles if you align regularly and will cost $800 a set. There are other ways to cut costs, but many of the other ways will sacrifice performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.