dcdan311

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5
Country flag
Has anyone used or know anything about Blox racing throttle body? I just say it on Kserisparts, and was wondering if it's worth the price for around 11% higher air volume intake.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Anytime you increase air volume you can add additional fuel, which increases power. But the question is, how much is 11 percent increase in air volume worth? Also, you may need a custom tune with this increase in air and fuel. If you can provide a link to the throttle body, we can get information on it

EDIT

I just looked it up, unfortunately it's not Street legal in states like California. Also $450 might be a bit of a stretch for an 11 percent gain in airflow. I would rather spend the money on Ktuner with TSP's stage 1 tune or a good set of tires

Last edited:
OP
OP
dcdan311

dcdan311

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2001 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5
Country flag
Yeah I have the tsp tune on mine with a few mods and a set of federal tires. I just saw that and was wondering if it was even worth a second look. I guess if your maxing out power on an 10th gen it would help but I'm not doing that lol. And street legality isn't a main concern for me, I mean technically speaking the tsp tune isnt street legal.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Yeah I have the tsp tune on mine with a few mods and a set of federal tires. I just saw that and was wondering if it was even worth a second look. I guess if your maxing out power on an 10th gen it would help but I'm not doing that lol. And street legality isn't a main concern for me, I mean technically speaking the tsp tune isnt street legal.
Since, you got a tune you can try it but with factory setup it messes up the numbers and makes ECU confused. May be you can ask someone who has more knowledge on the ECU table and give more insight if you need to get it custom tuned. I guess the E-tune won't be sufficient.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I mean as long as the MAF is experiencing the flow increase, fuel should be added automatically.

LightX

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Blox has 56mm(11%) and 58mm(15%) for the same price it seems. Definitely custom tune would be needed for full throttle, would go well with a ported head.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
The difference with TSP's stage 1 and the throttle body is it takes less than 10 minutes to go back to stock, and there have been several people who have done smog with TSP's tune and passed. Also there is no one that would fine you for being tuned with TSP's Stage 1 (or Ktuners base maps), the only possibility is being dinged for a warranty claim. Anyway, I personally don't know to much about this product, so I've pretty much don't have anything else to add

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm interested to know if someone tried out the Blox throttle body 56 or 58 and what the results were.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Has anyone used or know anything about Blox racing throttle body? I just say it on Kserisparts, and was wondering if it's worth the price for around 11% higher air volume intake.
Your Engine is perfectly capability of producing power with the stock TB.
BOOST doesn't care about how large your TB is.
You are thinking perhaps of an N/A engine, but not a turbo.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your Engine is perfectly capability of producing power with the stock TB.
BOOST doesn't care about how large your TB is.
You are thinking perhaps of an N/A engine, but not a turbo.
Thanks @Hollywoo0220, that's what I needed to know. This is my first engine with boost.
Sponsored