Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
While researching this throttle body I came across many posts saying this is not a good idea, or it will idle/run bad or it's bigger than intake manifold so will decrease performance.

After having this throttle body installed for a month driveability is exactly the same as stock, idle is perfect. Install was straight forward, one nice thing about this throttle body is there is no hot coolant running though it. On previous cars I did this with a Barbed union anyways, the cooler you can keep the air the better as we all know. This is the 58mm throttle body, stock size is 56 at the inlet tapering to 50mm at the outlet. As far as the intake manifold being smaller, the manifold gasket is the same size as the throttle body opening so the 1-2mm lip on the inside of the gasket does make the opening smaller than the throttle body, but since the manifold is teardrop shaped part of the opening is larger than the throttle body. So to me this is not a restriction in the airflow after throttle body.

When upgrading the intercooler piping to larger size the stock throttle body is the next restriction so I upsizing the throttle body is only going to help with airflow, especially if you have bigger turbo which I plan to do in the near future.

As far as performance I installed this at the same time as my prl intercooler kit so I definitely noticed improved performance. How much of that increase was result of the throttle body I do not know.

I just wanted to post this so people know this can be a beneficial upgrade and I did not experience any negatives. The more you can decrease resistance in airflow the more efficient your turbo can run.

Hopefully this is useful information to some of you. Thanks for reading.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blox racing throttle body review 20200815_110032

Honda Civic 10th gen Blox racing throttle body review 20200719_140915

Honda Civic 10th gen Blox racing throttle body review 20200719_140903

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
The corrosion on your OEM throttle body implies you live somewhere it gets really cold.

The purpose of coolant veins in the throttle body is to warm it to prevent ice buildup from freezing the throttle plates, preventing them from opening or closing.

Does this seem like a conflict?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The corrosion on your OEM throttle body implies you live somewhere it gets really cold.

The purpose of coolant veins in the throttle body is to warm it to prevent ice buildup from freezing the throttle plates, preventing them from opening or closing.

Does this seem like a conflict?
I live in NJ, doesn't get that cold here. Bypassed many throttle bodies in the past without issues.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Maybe Canada or more northern states I would be concerned

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I live in NJ, doesn't get that cold here. Bypassed many throttle bodies in the past without issues.
I'll be interested to see if you have any issues over the winter.

The engine bay on these cars is pretty hot, but if you aggressively modify it with a turbo blanket, open grille, and such it might not be nearly as warm in the winter. I wonder if this might play a role.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Just wanted to update this post. We have had a few days below freezing this winter and I have had no issues with the blox throttle body with coolant bypass installed.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to update this post. We have had a few days below freezing this winter and I have had no issues with the blox throttle body with coolant bypass installed.
Other than Throttle body and intercooler piping, what other mods do you have on the car?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Other than Throttle body and intercooler piping, what other mods do you have on the car?
Full bolt on, 27won tip. Prl cobra with race maf, catless dp, fp and full exhaust. Have rv6 turbo in at my house to be installed along with clutch and a few other goodies

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Full bolt on, 27won tip. Prl cobra with race maf, catless dp, fp and full exhaust. Have rv6 turbo in at my house to be installed along with clutch and a few other goodies
You have any cooling mods like @JT Si mentioned. Open grill, turbo blanket or heat wraps? Sorry the all the questions. I was thinking about this mod, but want to see if there was any adverse effects. So, I really don't need this if I'm not going to a bigger turbo?

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You have any cooling mods like @JT Si mentioned. Open grill, turbo blanket or heat wraps? Sorry the all the questions. I was thinking about this mod, but want to see if there was any adverse effects. So, I really don't need this if I'm not going to a bigger turbo?
I do not have any cooling mods, debating getting my turbine housing jethot coated

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
@Sport-injected updates? Hondata or ktuner? Did you have to change anything after install in the tune or anything? Also fill me in on what you did with the coolant bypass(for the hose).

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@Sport-injected updates? Hondata or ktuner? Did you have to change anything after install in the tune or anything? Also fill me in on what you did with the coolant bypass(for the hose).
Throttle body has worked perfectly since install, no .modification to tune needed. The coolant line that went on stock throttle body now have a barbed union in them to make a loop so they no longer go through the throttle body. I now have the rzcrew manifold with this throttle body and it's still working great. No issues at all.