Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What kind of difficulty did you have removing the OE throttle body? I had a hard enough time seeing back there just doing the silicone coupler for the FMIC haha.
Hardest part was removing the coolant lines, which are now bypassed the throttle body came with a Barnes union. Once intercooler pipe is out of way it wasn't hard. Used a 6" extension.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So the oem intake manifold is 57mm ID for sure ? Still weird since the oem gasket matched the 58mm TB...

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
So the oem intake manifold is 57mm ID for sure ? Still weird since the oem gasket matched the 58mm TB...
It was hard to .measure since it is back so far, but it looked about 57mm, id say +/- 1mm

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have a friend who had this and ran to all sorts of idling problems. Drob also told him that the fastest 1.5t 10th gens around are still running the oem unit so the oem TB isn’t really a bottleneck for us when it comes to power

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah a lot of aftermarket tb's have that problem.You could also use maxbore on a OEM tb.

I wouldn't say it isn't a restriction just Because the fastest 10thgens make power with the OEM tb.
They also run a lot of boost to make that power.

It could reduce the amount of boost that is needed to make that same power.For example you can make 400 hp with the OEM tb on 30psi but maybe you can make 400hp with a larger tb on 24psi and have a better throttle respons.
I'm not saying that it is like that ,but it could be .

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Also nice that the coolant doesn't go through this throttle body. All my past cars I deleted the coolant through the throttle bodies, no need for this unless your in really cold
I have a friend who had this and ran to all sorts of idling problems. Drob also told him that the fastest 1.5t 10th gens around are still running the oem unit so the oem TB isn’t really a bottleneck for us when it comes to power
I was worried about it idling wierd. But it runs the same as the stock throttle body. No issues as of yet. It seems to be a quality made product.

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
I installed a coolant bypass tb about 2 years ago and it was a devolpment part so i got it free but upon driving home that day my engine temps shot up and the idle was high and was over revving everytime i dipp the clutch. I contacted the guys and they said its because the engine is adjusting, check coolant levels and should be fine tomorrow" but it didnt settle until i uploaded TSP stage 1 tune.

Recently i installed an upgraded ic and piping while on ktuner custom tune, but i had to revert back to stock ecu for dealership reasons and now the car is running bad again, its like the tb valve is not closing off when im off the gas and doesnt idle normal until i come to a complete stop!

So now the custom tune is back on its running fine again. But i think i will be taking this off soon. It says 52mm on the box so im assuming its similar to oem just coolant bypass.

• Wow
Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I installed a coolant bypass tb about 2 years ago and it was a devolpment part so i got it free but upon driving home that day my engine temps shot up and the idle was high and was over revving everytime i dipp the clutch. I contacted the guys and they said its because the engine is adjusting, check coolant levels and should be fine tomorrow" but it didnt settle until i uploaded TSP stage 1 tune.

Recently i installed an upgraded ic and piping while on ktuner custom tune, but i had to revert back to stock ecu for dealership reasons and now the car is running bad again, its like the tb valve is not closing off when im off the gas and doesnt idle normal until i come to a complete stop!

So now the custom tune is back on its running fine again. But i think i will be taking this off soon. It says 52mm on the box so im assuming its similar to oem just coolant bypass.
I didn't experience any issues with the blox tb. Idles the same, throttle responded the same, def no overheating.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

That just sounds like a bad throttle body.You got it for free so i don't think it Will be perfect.Skunk 2 has (had) Those idle issues as wel .I think the best way to go would be to get a OEM tb bored out ( like maxbore does).
The overheating is air in the coolant system...

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
I didn't experience any issues with the blox tb. Idles the same, throttle responded the same, def no overheating.
Thanks for clearing that up,
That just sounds like a bad throttle body.You got it for free so i don't think it Will be perfect.Skunk 2 has (had) Those idle issues as wel .I think the best way to go would be to get a OEM tb bored out ( like maxbore does).
The overheating is air in the coolant system...
Whats the purpose for a coolant bypass tb ? Does it help reduce intake temps? Would having an upgraded intercooler cause the engine to idle higher in cold weather and would the intercooler affect these c-bpyass throttle bodies? I was told these throttle bodies need to be tuned for them to run properly :( which makes it difficult when reverting back to stock ecu

Sorry for all the newbie questions i really should of done my research before accepting this.

OP
OP
Sport-injected

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for clearing that up,

Whats the purpose for a coolant bypass tb ? Does it help reduce intake temps? Would having an upgraded intercooler cause the engine to idle higher in cold weather and would the intercooler affect these c-bpyass throttle bodies? I was told these throttle bodies need to be tuned for them to run properly :( which makes it difficult when reverting back to stock ecu

Sorry for all the newbie questions i really should of done my research before accepting this.
Coolant bypass is to remove the additional 180deg coolant from flowing around the throttle body increasing air temps. The purpose of the coolant is to prevent the throttle body butterfly valve from locking up when in cold climates. Depending on where you live you might run I to issues if you do not have the coolant running through throttle body.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
450$ is a lot of money when you can buy a stock type r throttle body and use a adapter plate for 49$ I had it on my SI... No gains becuase the turbo is still too small. Maybe a gain if a bigger turbo

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
450$ is a lot of money when you can buy a stock type r throttle body and use a adapter plate for 49$ I had it on my SI... No gains becuase the turbo is still too small. Maybe a gain if a bigger turbo
The type R throttle body is 60mm ,the stock 1.5t intake manifold opening is around 55mm .So using a adapter isn't going to help ,the intake manifold opening is too small...
Sponsored