Blown Fortune Auto Coilover

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have been very unlucky with my car recently. Blown axle and now my fortune auto coilover seems to be blown as well. Took my car to V.C.D to get the axle fixed thinking it would solve the issues ive had but the clunking noise in the front never stopped. Took the car in again today for brakes and for them to check out the noise coming from the same problem area. There was fluid on the shock and behind the boot on the coilover. They took it for a test drive and confirmed that the shock was blown. This is my only car and having to swap in my stock suspension is going to be frustrating. Hoping fortune auto can send me a replacement without having to send the blown one back in. It is still in warranty period. I'm just very upset as all I want to do is drive the car.
Sponsored

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have been very unlucky with my car recently. Blown axle and now my fortune auto coilover seems to be blown as well. Took my car to V.C.D to get the axle fixed thinking it would solve the issues ive had but the clunking noise in the front never stopped. Took the car in again today for brakes and for them to check out the noise coming from the same problem area. There was fluid on the shock and behind the boot on the coilover. They took it for a test drive and confirmed that the shock was blown. This is my only car and having to swap in my stock suspension is going to be frustrating. Hoping fortune auto can send me a replacement without having to send the blown one back in. It is still in warranty period. I'm just very upset as all I want to do is drive the car.
They will send you a replacement they did for me. They don't want the old ones back either. Give them a call.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They will send you a replacement they did for me. They don't want the old ones back either. Give them a call.
Glad to here you were taken care of but I hate to see that this may be a common problem. :hmm:

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Glad to here you were taken care of but I hate to see that this may be a common problem. :hmm:
Yes very unfortunate I agree. But their customer service is on point.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How old were they?

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I just got a response from them. They will send me a new shock to replace with the broken one. That's great but now I need to figure out how im going to swap the parts over lol.
They sent me a link as well that showed the disassemble process. But the Coilover will need to be removed from the car of course. I'm going to swap mine out tomorrow morning, still haven't gotten to it. Will let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
They sent me a link as well that showed the disassemble process. But the Coilover will need to be removed from the car of course. I'm going to swap mine out tomorrow morning, still haven't gotten to it. Will let you know how it goes.
Which side broke on yours? Mines was passenger front. Thanks for the link.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Which side broke on yours? Mines was passenger front. Thanks for the link.
I have knocking noise on both sides. No leaks, but they suspect it's something internal. They gave me a much of troubleshooting tips to narrow it down and it points to the shocks. So I'm really hoping the foxes it.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I have knocking noise on both sides. No leaks, but they suspect it's something internal. They gave me a much of troubleshooting tips to narrow it down and it points to the shocks. So I'm really hoping the foxes it.
The noise im getting sounds like its metal on metal, almost like something is binding up, its a weird noise. If the shock is blown it makes sense maybe the metal rod part (idk what its called) is able to move inside or something. How low did you go? I dropped my car more than 2 inches but im going to raise it up to avoid problems in the future.

OP
OP
LampRod

LampRod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
The binding noise is probable coming from the springs according to a quick google search.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The noise im getting sounds like its metal on metal, almost like something is binding up, its a weird noise. If the shock is blown it makes sense maybe the metal rod part (idk what its called) is able to move inside or something. How low did you go? I dropped my car more than 2 inches but im going to raise it up to avoid problems in the future.
Yes I have the same noise, metal on metal. Really annoying. At first I thought something was loose so I re tightened every nut/bolt on the front suspension and that didn't help. Then I disconnected the swaybar completely to rule out sway bar link or bushing noise and that didn't help. So it has to be the shocks or the upper mounts. I really hope the shocks do it.
Sponsored