Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Our waste gate is up to the challenge xD but if you want that beautiful BOV sound. Aftermarket!
Sponsored

DrDeer2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex-t
I do love the bov sound but if it hurts performance or drivability then it's not worth it to me.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Without a tune you're probably correct. BOV also blows a lot of dirty exhaust into the engine bay

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Ram 1500, 1975 Corvette.
Vehicle Showcase
Just so everyone knows, I ordered the BOV and adapter. I paid extra for expedited shipping so I hope it gets here within a week or so. I will let you guys know how everything goes once it comes in. If there are any issues with performance or computers throwing codes it will be going back.

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Just so everyone knows, I ordered the BOV and adapter. I paid extra for expedited shipping so I hope it gets here within a week or so. I will let you guys know how everything goes once it comes in. If there are any issues with performance or computers throwing codes it will be going back.
I would be careful with returning Ebay products to China, or at least having that expectation. I purchased the Cusco frame braces on Ebay, and while they were from an Australlian reseller, they shipped from China. When trying to return them, the seller would only allow for their return to the Chinese address and FedEx, UPS, and USPS all would not ship to the particular zip code for some reason.

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would be careful with returning Ebay products to China, or at least having that expectation. I purchased the Cusco frame braces on Ebay, and while they were from an Australlian reseller, they shipped from China. When trying to return them, the seller would only allow for their return to the Chinese address and FedEx, UPS, and USPS all would not ship to the particular zip code for some reason.
Well if anything I have a BOV that sits around and looks cool in my garage:) Thank you for the concern though, nice to know the forum has my back!

16ExTKyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2014 Honda Accord LX
Country flag
Well if anything I have a BOV that sits around and looks cool in my garage:) Thank you for the concern though, nice to know the forum has my back!
I hope it works out! It is saved on my Ebay Wish List. I think that I am going to wait for a cat-less downpipe to come out first. I hope that happens soon!

ethanmhanks

Project Blackout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it works out! It is saved on my Ebay Wish List. I think that I am going to wait for a cat-less downpipe to come out first. I hope that happens soon!
A downpipe would really open this engine up. I hope they come out with one soon.

OP
OP
chubbz05

chubbz05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT, 2010 Honda Odyssey EX
Awesome news! I hope it works out well and you have no issues.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Keep us posted! I'm curious to see how the BOV reacts to our systems. I rather not have to get a standalone ECU if I don't have to

Last edited:

ruddyrid@procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FB6 (Sold)
Country flag
Sorry to hear they haven't even shipped it out yet, although it's almost expected when buying from an eBay source. I did want to mention however, the flange they are selling is basically a TD04 to HKS adapter flange. This is really popular amount Genesis 2.0T owners and is easily attainable from US retailers.

In any case, looking forward to how this goes and your review of the kit. :)

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Contacted the ebay seller. They didn't know if it affected A/F ratios or if tuning was needed after installing. Haha should be interesting

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Without a tune you're probably correct. BOV also blows a lot of dirty exhaust into the engine bay
The air coming out of a BOV is completely clean. Outside air > air filter > turbo compressor > BOV

Are you thinking about an external wastegate?
Sponsored