Not open for further replies.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic coupe, 1992 Acura integra
Glad I found this thread. Won't be buying a BOV anymore. Are these 10th gens venting through the intake system? Will getting an aftermarket cold air intake system make the turbo sounds louder?
They recirculate just before the turbo to (in essence) keep the turbo spinning at the proper rpms and lessen lag. It does not, in turn, go through the intake piping but just before the turbo if I'm not mistaken. The intake should give you more spooling noise and you'll be able to hear more flutter from the BPV which I think is cooler than that old boomba bs I was running.

This also helps explain why the map sensor readings are off because the map sensor is before the air is recirculated so the computer has already allotted for that amount of air/fuel
Sponsored

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I found this thread. Won't be buying a BOV anymore. Are these 10th gens venting through the intake system? Will getting an aftermarket cold air intake system make the turbo sounds louder?
An intake will help a bit, but I doubt enough to actually hear the "PSHH". I have a short ram on my WRX and you can barely hear the OEM BPV which dumps into the intake just before the compressor.

They recirculate just before the turbo to (in essence) keep the turbo spinning at the proper rpms and lessen lag. It does not, in turn, go through the intake piping but just before the turbo if I'm not mistaken. The intake should give you more spooling noise and you'll be able to hear more flutter from the BPV which I think is cooler than that old boomba bs I was running.

This also helps explain why the map sensor readings are off because the map sensor is before the air is recirculated so the computer has already allotted for that amount of air/fuel
There is no way the MAP is reading this air for 2 reasons. One, the MAP sensor doesn't read air quantity. Two, the MAP sensor is in the intake manifold. MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure.

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An intake will help a bit, but I doubt enough to actually hear the "PSHH". I have a short ram on my WRX and you can barely hear the OEM BPV which dumps into the intake just before the compressor.

There is no way the MAP is reading this air for 2 reasons. One, the MAP sensor doesn't read air quantity. Two, the MAP sensor is in the intake manifold. MAP = Manifold Absolute Pressure.
I mixed map sensor with the maf sensor on the filter housing

Acraig3

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
c'mon guys, our civics are mass air recirculating systems. venting air to atmosphere will not be good for them, you will run rich. Vit said there is no way to tune for a VTA BOV. of course the company developing this isnt going to tell you that. and Im not bashing them either. There will obviously be many people who buy this because ricers gonna rice. But if you care about how your car actually runs, get an aftermarket recirc vale. They can make the cool noise too
Where can I get a recirc valve? Or a stock BPV? I threw my stock one away because I though I wouldnt need it after buying the Boomba BS

Last edited:

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where can I get a recirc valve? Or a stock BPV? I threw my stock one away because I though I wouldnt need it after buying the Boomba BS
eBay probably your best bet, but may take some luck. Forum for sale sections maybe too. It would probably be cheaper to buy an aftermarket recirc valve than going to a dealership for another OEM

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the forge recirculating valve it arrives on Monday!! Will let you know!!
**Update**

I've been running the forge recirc valve and it works flawless. I love it. No more air being let out lol

imperialgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
**Update**

I've been running the forge recirc valve and it works flawless. I love it. No more air being let out lol
Been trying to find some sound clips for it but can't. You mind uploading a few videos for us to see what it sounds like?

danny185

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2017 Sedan
Country flag
Been trying to find some sound clips for it but can't. You mind uploading a few videos for us to see what it sounds like?
I have this same question!!! Mine arrived on Monday!! So I don’t know if it sounds more tha stock

VidaDeX

Dm Slder
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have this same question!!! Mine arrived on Monday!! So I don’t know if it sounds more tha stock
No difference in sound if there was I couldn't hear it due to my prl front pipe and catless downpipe lol I also removed my mufflers and resenator

bobvudown

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I installed my boomba bov too a few weeks ago and mine doesn’t sound like the other videos. Mine makes a double pshh noise instead of one like other people’s. My car is not a daily so I wonder if it has to break in? I just ordered the recirculating valve also to replace the boomba for comparison.

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Just curious, is there anyone still running the boomba bov, and have you had any know problems with your car do to the boomba bov?

The ones that were running the boomba bov but took it off, did you notice any problems with your car while running the boomba bov?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.