Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag
Hi I just got a abs dynamics hood installed and when I was at the paint man popped the hood and see oil where the valve cover has the hose to connect to the intake pipe. I'm wondering if anyone has some insite to why this is happening and what I can possibly do to fix this. I'm running ktuner dual 21psi tune a prl cobra cai and I have about 38k on the car dont drive it hard much mostly commute to work and back mostly highway miles. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome

Honda Civic 10th gen Blow by 20200314_111232
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondaman248u

Hondaman248u

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring
Country flag

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any oil catch can with silicone hoses is most likely going to have a fuel smell in your cabin due to the fact that the silicone hoses weep fuel after a while. There were big issues with mishimoto hoses doing this and they finally admitted that were junk and had to come up with another material for them. You can use fuel injection line instead of the silicone hose.

Thatguyraw

I don’t own a civic
First Name
Raw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
mishimoto = fishymoto

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Mishimoto has just as good of stuff as anybody else from my experience. I have ran many of their parts on multiple cars and never had issues. I did have an oil catch can on my car made by them and not a single time smelled anything abnormal even getting my face close to the hoses. I have read about that issue 2-3 times.

As well as the mockingbird statement that these cars need a catch can. This has been proven repeatedly that they are not needed. I personally only collected about an inch of mostly condensation in 10k miles.

The issue pictured is likely just long term seepage out of the aftermarket breather hose (the factory one is dam near glued in place tight)

OR

If you do have that much blow by it is not normal and I would dig farther into the investigating.

Excess crank case pressure can really only be caused by combustion pressure leaking past cylinder rings/out the head gasket to an oil drain cavity/and turbo seal (although far less likely).
Sponsored