echoparkpanda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone!

Just a random thought, I wanted to know what would happen if I blocked off the driver side muffler as I have read most of the exhaust gasses flow through the right side as pictured. Honda Civic 10th gen Blocking Left Side Muffler on Civic Hatchback IMG_7657

I've seen some people unbolt the driver side muffler to make it louder as shown in video here:

However, I was thinking of getting something to bolt on and block the piping instead and wanted some input or suggestion before actually doing so.
Sponsored

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone!

Just a random thought, I wanted to know what would happen if I blocked off the driver side muffler as I have read most of the exhaust gasses flow through the right side as pictured. IMG_7657.jpg

I've seen some people unbolt the driver side muffler to make it louder as shown in video here:

However, I was thinking of getting something to bolt on and block the piping instead and wanted some input or suggestion before actually doing so.
@echoparkpanda If you are planning on going with a single pipe setup I would suggest replacing the pipe with a wider diameter pipe to compensate so that you don't have unnecessary back pressure