runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi,

I finally received my Blitz Front Lip after nearly 2 years of searching and waiting. I'd like to take this opportunity to document the journey and install of it and share it with the rest of the civicx community. Here are some initial pics and I'll post more as my shop finishes the painting and install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0797

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0799

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0800

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0801

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Very nice piece.

I'm torn between this and the Mugen.

You waited two years for this to be shipped to you? Or is that two years factoring in the time you took to decide.

OP
OP

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice piece.

I'm torn between this and the Mugen.

You waited two years for this to be shipped to you? Or is that two years factoring in the time you took to decide.
So getting this lip was a bit of the journey. I was pretty set on this lip when I first saw it on display during TAS and was waiting for BLITZ to make it available for pre-order. Once pre-order was made available (~June 2018), I contacted a vendor here to help me place the order. However, I waited a little over a year and nothing happened. The vendor had been following up for me the entire year, but it turns out that if you want BLITZ parts from America, they usually order through a distributor. As it turns out, the distributor here on the west coast never actually placed the order for the lip, but either lied to failed to notify my vendor about this situation. Luckily, the vendor was able to refund my money and I had all but abandoned hope on obtaining this lip.

During this entire wait, I saw the Mugen lip come out and was also considering it. Cost-wise, you can get that lip painted and shipped from Japan for cheaper than what you would pay for the BLITZ lip unpainted. After much back and forth, I decided the lines of the Mugen lip just didn't do it for me and I was contemplating getting an IKON/ABS dynamics type R lip instead.

Just as I was about to abandon all hope, I came across someone who actually installed this lip here in the U.S. while surfing Instagram. I couldn't believe it so I reached out to him and he was able to point me to someone in Southern California that helped him secure the lip. I placed this order in September 2019 and it arrived March 2020. I still couldn't believe it when I opened the package, so that's why I'm documenting this entire process. Hopefully, this helps people who want to obtain the lip and just to have records that I did this lol.

I think some of the reasons obtaining this lip is as difficult as I made it sound is

1) The official BLITZ vendor in the U.S. is just... (you can fill in the blank). I found out from contacting other vendors that they all use the same official BLITZ vendor. Even if I had chosen someone else, there was a very good chance nothing would have happened as well.

2) I believe this lip is made to order and they're not just sitting around with a bunch in stock. The original order I put in was for a pre-painted option. The order that I actually received was for an unpainted. You can probably imagine how much longer I would have needed to wait for a pre painted option. Better to just have the lip and paint it yourself.

3) From my searching and research, it just seems not a lot of people know about this lip or the actual logistics in obtaining one. I've never ordered JDM parts like this before and it didn't realize how difficult and how long it would take to obtain a part overseas. I reached out to a lot of people, and not very many got back to me.

Sorry for the long winded post, but this experience was very near and dear to me. I hope this helps.

Last, but not least. Shout out to Kamispeed who did everything they could initially to help me get the lip and to the guy that actually got me the lip, you can find him @modjunkiemotorsports on IG (Ramiro)!

OP
OP

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the delay, but here is the lip finally installed! I'm loving everything about it. The difficulty of obtaining this lip made it even more worthwhile now that it's actually here. Here are some day shots and night shots so you can see the line LEDs in action.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0840.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0841.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0842.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0849.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Blitz AERO SPEED R-Concept Install IMG_0850.JPG

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Did you have to cut/drill into the black front spoiler on the bumper where it mounts? Do you have photos when you were in the process of installing it?

OP
OP

runintoluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIvic Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have to cut/drill into the black front spoiler on the bumper where it mounts? Do you have photos when you were in the process of installing it?
there is no drilling required for the sport hatchbacks. The sport lip comes off and this lip replaces it directly. However, if you have the Si it will require drilling.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
there is no drilling required for the sport hatchbacks. The sport lip comes off and this lip replaces it directly. However, if you have the Si it will require drilling.
Ah I see. So you don't need to drill into the actual bumper either?

jholz27

First Name
jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019 Sedan
Country flag
does anybody know if this front lip is fitted to my FC1 sedan?