Blistered paint

Meek87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda HR-V, 2016 Honda Civic
I am so mad right now! My wife went to Honda yesterday I purchased a brand new 2016 Honda Civic in Rallye Red. She told them to take the dealership decal off the car when they get it ready, as we do that with every car we've owned in the past. When she arrived home, she noticed that it was still on, didn't give it much thought and returned the next day to have them remove it.
As she arrived at Honda, she took a closer look at the decal and undereneath the letter C of Majestic (dealerships name), she noticed the paint was blistered.
When she showed it to the service guy, he ran over it with his finger and the letter C fell off immediately. Then proceeded to ask: oh who caused this? Really, did he think my wife attempted to remove the sticker from last night 9 pm to this morning 8 am?
It looks like some idiot tried to remove the decal with a heat gun and held it onto the decal for too long.
Now they brushed my wife off, telling her the service manager isn't in the building and to come back monday morning. A car that is 1 day old and already has paint issues. Thank you very much!
Sponsored

C Note

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Damn sorry to hear. Your heart must have sunk to see that.

Definitely speak to the service manager first. If he's not helpful or if they keep stonewalling you then ask to speak to the dealership's general manager and if they're still not accommodating start threatening to post their dealership name, employee names, etc on online review sites and forums.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I am so mad right now! My wife went to Honda yesterday I purchased a brand new 2016 Honda Civic in Rallye Red. She told them to take the dealership decal off the car when they get it ready, as we do that with every car we've owned in the past. When she arrived home, she noticed that it was still on, didn't give it much thought and returned the next day to have them remove it.
As she arrived at Honda, she took a closer look at the decal and undereneath the letter C of Majestic (dealerships name), she noticed the paint was blistered.
When she showed it to the service guy, he ran over it with his finger and the letter C fell off immediately. Then proceeded to ask: oh who caused this? Really, did he think my wife attempted to remove the sticker from last night 9 pm to this morning 8 am?
It looks like some idiot tried to remove the decal with a heat gun and held it onto the decal for too long.
Now they brushed my wife off, telling her the service manager isn't in the building and to come back monday morning. A car that is 1 day old and already has paint issues. Thank you very much!
If the dealership will not fix it, then call Honda customer service and complain.
You probably should do that anyway!

OP
OP
Meek87

Meek87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda HR-V, 2016 Honda Civic
Thanks, I will definitely call Honda Customer Service. The dealership made me bring the car back to have a Honda Rep take a look at it. They tried to blame a paint defect for the problem. Which is a bunch of BS. The paint was flawless, they put the sticker on, remove it and the C of majestic it etched into the paint. Now they are ordering me a whole new
panel to switch out that part of the trunk. No re-painting involved!
Sponsored