Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hb sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you just directly power this through the ignition?
Sponsored

csouers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT w/Sensing
Country flag
Yes, you would want this to be on the ignition rail.

hector_yo

First Name
HĂ©ctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.0 Elegance Navy
Country flag
I've just read that even when changing a single parking proximity sensor, you have to link it with the car in order for it to work. Maybe you are just missing that, plugging an honda laptop to link the radars

hector_yo

First Name
HĂ©ctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll just leave these 2 photos here for now
Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1659292195482

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1659292233856

csouers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX CVT w/Sensing
Country flag
I'll just leave these 2 photos here for now
1659292195482.jpeg

1659292233856.jpeg
Very nice! Electronically, the CR-V radars (TLA) seem to work fine on my car (TGG) once you put in an led and resistor for the indicator (they set fault codes and don't work without them). I confirmed this a few months ago myself, but I haven't looked much into getting the TGG mounts beyond eBay; they're a bit pricey for my liking. I was going to make some myself, but I don't really have the tools to get the angles correct on the first go and I'd have to have the car in pieces while I do it.

How much did your set end up costing you?

hector_yo

First Name
HĂ©ctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very nice! Electronically, the CR-V radars (TLA) seem to work fine on my car (TGG) once you put in an led and resistor for the indicator (they set fault codes and don't work without them). I confirmed this a few months ago myself, but I haven't looked much into getting the TGG mounts beyond eBay; they're a bit pricey for my liking. I was going to make some myself, but I don't really have the tools to get the angles correct on the first go and I'd have to have the car in pieces while I do it.

How much did your set end up costing you?
for now I've only done a proof of concept, connecting the radars to positive, ground, the body canbus and two leds with resistors (you can see them in the breadboard).
I'm from europe and I bought both radars from yunkyards, costing me both of them a total of 140€, they came with the plastic housing and the wiring connector.
right now I'm planning on placing new wires in the connectors, disassemble the rear bumper and install them.
For the lights, for now I'm going to try this kind of aftermarket lights that go inside the cabin they cost like 5€ here, but later after I confirm everything works I'm planning on ordering some mirrors
Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1659637855110

hector_yo

First Name
HĂ©ctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got it to work on my car, had to power it with the lighter plug in the trunk, and connected to the body canbus from a connector near the cabin fusebox.
Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1661264344037

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1661264359698

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1661264390968

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1661264424714

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 1661264432910

I'll buy proper mirrors later

hoangxvu7

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 11th gen
Country flag
I've just read that even when changing a single parking proximity sensor, you have to link it with the car in order for it to work. Maybe you are just missing that, plugging an honda laptop to link the radars
Im trying to retrofit bsi system on my Gen 11 too. Could you please explain more on how to link the radars? My bsi only has visible warning. It lacks of audible warning and cross traffic alert.
Here is the picture of my rear camera view

Honda Civic 10th gen Blind Spot Monitoring - retrofit to US cars- 20221016_183808

hector_yo

First Name
HĂ©ctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Im trying to retrofit bsi system on my Gen 11 too. Could you please explain more on how to link the radars? My bsi only has visible warning. It lacks of audible warning and cross traffic alert.
Here is the picture of my rear camera view

20221016_183808.jpg
Hi, for the 10th gen, all I had to do was to wire both radars to power, ground, the body canbus and an extra wire for the visual light near the mirrors
Just by connecting those the radio picked up the radars and started displaying the button to enable or disable the cross traffic alert and I can indeed see new arrows in the camera when there is traffic while reversing.
I've yet not beeen able to enable acoustic alerts (I don't know if there is a separate beeper or someting)

In your case your radio is showing an exclamation mark in the button for the cross traffic, indicating an issue with the system, maybe one of your radars is not propperly connected.
You can also try to use an obd2 scan tool to read the errors from the system

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So im noticing this working for people outside the us. If one trim has a feature normally the modules in other trims that don’t have said feature can communicate. No us civic has Bsm so the communication software may not even be there in any module. Has anyone got this to work with at least the mirror lights either with or without the audible for in the states?
Sponsored