varge

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5T 4D Elegance EUDM
Country flag
Our lil turbos spool quite fast (especially our 11 vane on base) and the ewg fails to regulate boost quickly enough while trying to hit 24 psi.
From what it seems, this short spike, usually around or past 4000rpm does not cause excessive stress (it hardly produces air flow if you check the maf reading on your logs) and should be a lot lighter on the engine than say 23psi at 3000rpm where few people like to lug the poor lil 1.5
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I blew my stock block up pushing into the 30s for psi. 100% abuse related

Rn I peak at 36 psi for a brief moment.
But I'm also on a built block now :)

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
I stay in MAP3 100% of the time. 35k miles going strong. However I never push more than 1-5 PSI in 5th or 6th gear. When in the appropriate gears, I wait to start pushing good boost after 3k rpm. If my engine blew, I would be upset, disappointed, and even surprised. But I damn sure wouldn’t blame anyone else but myself. I change my own oil, do all my own maintenance, and no one drives my car but me. If all goes to hell, I’ll pay the ultimate price for my mods. I am content with the odds of risk.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't feel bad, stuff happens learn from it...
Switching back and forward from synthetic to blend is not good, but I don't think there is a proven fact that can damage your engine, definitely didn't help.
NASCAR and other professional sports rebuild their custom engines after every race due to the abuse, and they put quality parts on them.
That engine was not a bad one over 70,000 of abuse if you had it stock would probably last over 200,000.
If you still like the civic and still want to drive hard buy a build motor and monitor your gauges. You may need honda hack or a different screen. Cant spect any car to last 1500,000 miles if you drive it hard specially above the engineers recommendations ...
I do my own oil changes, I don't trust any of those companies, I have heard too many bad stories.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
not reading 7 pages.. anyone tell this guy to buy a motor on ebay and pay a shop to swap it for far less than 10k?

Crakzor

First Name
Mathanael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevy Cruze, 2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i keep it under 14 psi while above 3k rpm in 5th/6th. i'll WOT in 4th if i really gotta pass sum1.

id never let any1 else change my oil either

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Well I did some roll to 4th to 5th ( rarely ) wot and never had issue with tsp stage 1 map 3 . For sure the clutch dont like it but I never pulled the 5 gear except when my 4th needed to be shift.

If I look your post , you was at 75 mph so 120km here. Got my car since 2017 and when I want to pull at 75mph , you realy need to be in 4th gear and you have a decend power at 4k rpm. Pulling 5th at 75mph its to much torque for this motor on stock internal. I think, you shoud know it before starting add some bolt on.

PS : tuned since 2 years and stock clutch still holding map 3 and never pulled a gear under 4k rpm. Next summer, going with new clutch , cmm and will add downpipe to have full bolt on.

Last edited:

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
not reading 7 pages.. anyone tell this guy to buy a motor on ebay and pay a shop to swap it for far less than 10k?
I don't believe so. And seriously. I got a built motor and got it installed for 5500.

SixSpeeder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2021 Wrangler Unlimited High Altitude
Country flag
This guy probably never blew his motor. What is pretty obviously a troll thread was very successful since people are still replying with serious answers 7 pages later...

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You should have been actively motoring your trimsi etc like someone said.

you probably would have picked up clues something was wrong long before you blew your motor/turbo.

that goes for people new to tuning. Know what you should be looking For.

I don’t know much but I try to read and at least keep myself informed on what my car should be operating at.

I’m FBO with a custom tune from Derek and I still obsess over my #s.
I tuned my car at 3,000 miles. My odometer is at 13,000miles now. No major issues.

Best of luck with everything.
which one did you get?
The built one from TSP probably.

USNengineman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Chevy Colorado z71
Country flag

you probably would have picked up clues something was wrong long before you blew your motor/turbo.

I don’t know much but I try to read and at least keep myself informed on what my car should be operating at.

I tuned my car at 3,000 miles. My odometer is at 13,000miles now. No major issues.

i was looking at that! Havent heard much about them though. is there a thread or reviews on it?

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i was looking at that! Havent heard much about them though. is there a thread or reviews on it?
It’s on their website and two step performance is a reputable company.
Kshawns review on the built block is on their website.

I’ve been thinking about it as well but I’m comfortable with where I am atm. Maybe when we get to 50-60k miles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Blew The Turbo and Seized The Motor D5D6E5AA-43DA-4F15-AFB7-58CCE3ED6AD8

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

I go one step further and get an oil analysis every oil change. Once the wear metals start to increase I know it's time to inspect the turbo shaft play and consider whether I might spin a rod soon and need to get that built block.

So far, wear metals have been decreasing since new at excellent levels.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.