Blackstone engine oil analysis 1.5L turbo

chriswcalif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
I received the analysis of the oil from my 3 week old 1.5 L turbo coupe at 2100 miles. The first 600 miles were primarily twisty back roads with lots of elevation change. After that it was mostly freeway miles with a 600 mile round trip to Death Valley. I saw a very slight rise in the oil level on the dipstick which was confirmed by the slight fuel dilution of the oil. This I've read is typical of a direct injection engine but should diminish as the rings continue to seat. I do my own maintenance and changed the oil to Mobil 1 EP 0W20 with a Honda Filtech oil filter. I don't have the ability to edit the PDF from Blackstone which contains personal information, but the analysis was what Blackstone expected for a new engine. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
chriswcalif

chriswcalif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Cool, but you may want to redact your personal info from that pdf.
Thanks. I deleted the PDF with a brief explanation. I'm too frugal to pay the $25 to Adobe for the edit feature. I've requested that Blackstone send me the Word version. As soon as I have that and delete my personal information I'll upload it.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. I deleted the PDF with a brief explanation. I'm too frugal to pay the $25 to Adobe for the edit feature. I've requested that Blackstone send me the Word version. As soon as I have that and delete my personal information I'll upload it.
No problem, on a related note, for similar reasons, I am very happy to share pics of my car since it doesn't have plates on it yet. Once it does, then I have to go through the pain of blurring my plates, lol.

jks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RSX
Country flag
There's a good shot of moly in the break-in oil. I would be strongly inclined to keep it as long as possible. It took more than 12k miles for the wear metals to stabilize in my k20a3.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
No problem, on a related note, for similar reasons, I am very happy to share pics of my car since it doesn't have plates on it yet. Once it does, then I have to go through the pain of blurring my plates, lol.
Just put a sheet of paper over the plate. It takes less time and is neater than blurring an image.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Or a towel, etc. Or, just blur it out in MS Paint - takes 10 seconds.
Ya unless your like a few delinquents on here who upset a majority of people on here (I won't mention names, but us senior members know who they are) you have nothing to worry about. Go ahead and steal my car, that's what insurance is for. I'll happily go get another new one for free.

:topic: @madroxinide, why did you change it at 2100mi? I'm not hating at all, I changed mine at 4500mi 30% life, what was your life at? 70%?

OP
OP
chriswcalif

chriswcalif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Ya unless your like a few delinquents on here who upset a majority of people on here (I won't mention names, but us senior members know who they are) you have nothing to worry about. Go ahead and steal my car, that's what insurance is for. I'll happily go get another new one for free.

:topic: @madroxinide, why did you change it at 2100mi? I'm not hating at all, I changed mine at 4500mi 30% life, what was your life at? 70%?[/QUOTE
I changed it at 2100 miles because I could see that the oil level was slightly above the full mark. I figured it was due to fuel dilution but I wanted to know how much. It is the nature of a direct injection turbo engine to dilute the oil with fuel. And the oil maintenance minder showed 80% to answer your question.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've never understood why. So what your license plate is on the interwebz. Not like you're in wintess protection or anything.

Right? lol
Once someone has your plate number, they have access to your identity and a lot of your personal information. While that is fine out on the road, because if they can see you, you can see them, and they are within the reach of your state and country's laws if they abuse the information. On the internet you have thousands of people who can see your plates, and many of them are far beyond the reach of your law enforcement entities.
Sponsored