Black Walnut Found in Wheel Well

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
I found this black walnut in my wheel well. What are the chances that this is something that SOMEHOW got there on its own? Because I highly doubt it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Walnut Found in Wheel Well 20200312_184846
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There’s a high chance a lot of random crap on the road can get trapped in there. What is your concern? Squirrels storing their nuts in your car?

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
There’s a high chance a lot of random crap on the road can get trapped in there. What is your concern? Squirrels storing their nuts in your car?
My concern is someone might be trying to sabotage my car.

I only knew this thing was in there because I heard it rubbing against the inside of the wheel area (where the brake is).

I drove earlier today and there was nothing there, so however this abomination got there happened some time after that.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My concern is someone might be trying to sabotage my car.

I only knew this thing was in there because I heard it rubbing against the inside of the wheel area (where the brake is).

I drove earlier today and there was nothing there, so however this abomination got there happened some time after that.
If someone wanted to sabotage your car, they could do a lot worse than shoving a walnut in your brake caliper.

They could loosen your lug nuts with a wrench, let air out of your tires, shove something up your exhaust. It’s always good to walk around your car before you drive it to visually inspect that everything is okay. Most people never do.

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
If someone wanted to sabotage your car, they could do a lot worse than shoving a walnut in your brake caliper.

They could loosen your lug nuts with a wrench, let air out of your tires, shove something up your exhaust. It’s always good to walk around your car before you drive it to visually inspect that everything is okay. Most people never do.
I usually do but I was in a rush, I had to get to work quick and didn't bend down to look up inside the thing.

That's my point though. While those other actions would cause more damage (and indeed I have had drill bits and nails intentionally shoved in my tires before) the very fact that this is so inconspicuous is what makes me suspicious. The average Joe Schmo would think "those darned squirrels" but I see the bigger picture.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I usually do but I was in a rush, I had to get to work quick and didn't bend down to look up inside the thing.

That's my point though. While those other actions would cause more damage (and indeed I have had drill bits and nails intentionally shoved in my tires before) the very fact that this is so inconspicuous is what makes me suspicious. The average Joe Schmo would think "those darned squirrels" but I see the bigger picture.
You sound like the type where everyone is out to get you.

Did you do something to someone that would make them retaliate?

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
You sound like the type where everyone is out to get you.

Did you do something to someone that would make them retaliate?
Since you are so presumptuous, permit me to elaborate.

I have had incidents in the past with people screwing with my car. Drill bits and nails in the tires, back windshield smashed with a PVC pipe, etc.

To answer your question, no I have not done anything to anyone. But I do live next door to a halfway house so you never know.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since you are so presumptuous, permit me to elaborate.

I have had incidents in the past with people screwing with my car. Drill bits and nails in the tires, back windshield smashed with a PVC pipe, etc.

To answer your question, no I have not done anything to anyone. But I do live next door to a halfway house so you never know.
Just unlucky then.

Vandal minded people typically aren't smart enough though if they're going to attack your car to try and subtly sabotage a brake caliper.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A walnut seems an odd choice for a vandal, It really cant damage anything, it'll break under any kind of pressure. Most likely a squirrel or chipmunk

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
A walnut seems an odd choice for a vandal, It really cant damage anything, it'll break under any kind of pressure. Most likely a squirrel or chipmunk
Yep. Squirrels are some of the worst vandals out there. Always wreaking havoc on peoples nuts.

Honda Civic 10th gen Black Walnut Found in Wheel Well e940b8579b05013602a2ed592f7ae596

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yep. Squirrels are some of the worst vandals out there. Always wreaking havoc on peoples nuts.

e940b8579b05013602a2ed592f7ae596.jpg
I read for the safety of my nuts.

OP
OP
darkness975

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Looks like it's time to get the c02 pistol loaded up.
Sponsored