Tthrockmorton

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX - blue
Country flag
Those of you who replaced your chrome grill with a black one - did you do it yourself? I’m not great with car stuff, but I do have a friend who’s a mechanic. Is this something he can easily do in a timely manner, or is this a bigger job I should pay for installation on? How much does installation of these usually cost you at a body shop?Thanks!
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If you mean the center grill piece, depending on how used to working with bumper clips etc its maybe a 2-3 hour job, that's being generous that you are going slow and avoiding breaking or fixing clips that break along the way. It took me about 2 hours to change mine out with an aftermarket, but i made sure to do a lot more drinking than working on it during that time

OP
OP
Tthrockmorton

Tthrockmorton

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX - blue
Country flag
If you mean the center grill piece, depending on how used to working with bumper clips etc its maybe a 2-3 hour job, that's being generous that you are going slow and avoiding breaking or fixing clips that break along the way. It took me about 2 hours to change mine out with an aftermarket, but i made sure to do a lot more drinking than working on it during that time
Yes, I’m talking the center piece and the two eyebrow pieces. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I replaced mine myself with an OEM black grille. Was not bad at all. In fact, it was the first "mod" i've done to the car. Only took me around 45 minutes (maybe an hour) to do it. Just remember to be careful with the clips when taking the bumper cover off. good luck!

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Do you have a jack and jack stands?

If you do, then it shouldn't take you more than an hour. It's a real simple job.

Here's a video that you can follow!
I didn't use a jack or jack stands when I did mine. Still did not take long to do.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you do it yourself, just be careful because the clips are stupid sensitive and can break easily. You can buy a bunch of them for cheap on Amazon just in case.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Procivic has an install video on putting the grill on. He installs an aftermarket front grill in the video, but same process with any other grill though

Trent m

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
How easy is it to break those little tabs that hold the bumper on? If you break them is there an easy fix?

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How easy is it to break those little tabs that hold the bumper on? If you break them is there an easy fix?
They aren't really fixable, you can just buy a ton of them off of Amazon though. I do recommend, if you take off your bumper, to buy some of the clips ahead of time. They always come in handy.

Trent m

First Name
Trenton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Ex
Country flag
They aren't really fixable, you can just buy a ton of them off of Amazon though. I do recommend, if you take off your bumper, to buy some of the clips ahead of time. They always come in handy.
Not the plastic clips, but the tabs that are on the bumper.
Honda Civic 10th gen Black grill installation? 1610979382586

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man... I remember tearing those on my other car...

Yeah sorry I wish I had a solution to that... I just made sure I screwed in the screws in the back real well after lining it up.

17exsedan

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
When
1610979382586.png
When I did my grille install I didn't break any. Just be super careful and don't force it too much on the areas where those are.

OP
OP
Tthrockmorton

Tthrockmorton

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX - blue
Country flag
I heard they break really easily, another person on this thread said you can order replacements on Amazon
Sponsored