Black gloss plastic exterior bits

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
So are the black gloss plastic painted or just polished ? i have some scratches and swirls i want to fix , but not sure how to go at it
Sponsored

Adversary

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Now that's a great question to ask and it seems that no one has an answer for that. I have the same problem with a stone that hit that plastic piece and made a very small scratch. I've been looking online and no one seems to have anything.

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
If it’s a piece that’s black on all color cars then it’s just plastic (the body color piece on the fake vents for black crystal pearl is painted black crystal pearl).

I tested some plastic polish on the outside glossy black perimeter of a fake vent and it worked fine.

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
Bumping this back up. So, my brand new 2021 FK8 already has scratches in the rear bumper black plastic trim pieces. I am wondering how in the world people are keeping it clean without scratching it? I am also wondering if I can use an orbital polisher on it to remove the scratches? Very frustrating...

KevinT0717

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
You should be able to polish them out with a DA Polisher. light polish as its plastic, and light pressure.

I have been trying to minimize touching those panels as the piano black will show swirls BAD, but I have had luck polishing piano black trim in the past.

If you do not have a DA, you can use a hand applicator, it will just take a little more time, but you should see improvement.

evlsmurf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru Impreza Sport
Country flag
I was looking at picking up a polisher. Leaning towards the TORQx.

Digi

First Name
Dietger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 1.5 turbo hatchback 2020
Country flag
Hey i know the black trim pieces are very hard to keep nice but you can polish them i do it with a dual action polisher and begin with a light cutting factor polish and see of that does the job. Also be carefull not to polish too long at the same place its plastic.
Sponsored