Bit by the snake

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I’ve been lusting for a Shelby for many years but the latest iteration of the GT500 finally did me in. I’ve watched every YouTube video and had read any and all reviews on it. Ever since Ford released the first teaser video, I knew I would get one. It took me awhile but I finally made it happen. I present to you my brand new 2021 Shelby GT500. I can’t even give y’all a real opinion on it because I literally just took delivery and have only put 3 miles on the odometer but what I noticed as soon as I put it in drive and started to give it some throttle was that this is no ordinary transmission. It’s got the Tremec 7 speed DCT and man oh man now I get what everyone is talking about. This is a total game changer for the Mustang or any muscle car for that matter.

Time to get it all cleaned up and ready for the Shelby car show this weekend ?I’ll post some more opinions once I can rack up a few more miles but here’s a quick pic after I brought her home.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake JCGoqZe
Sponsored

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I suppose this could be a farewell post because sadly the Type R is officially gone and the Shelby has taken its spot in the garage. Just wanted to say I really enjoyed both my Si and R over the past year and a half. Honda really does make some of the best enthusiast cars that money can buy. This forum has also been very helpful and allowed me to learn quite a bit about the platform. Even met a few other Civic owners from here IRL too. These weren't my first Civics and I doubt they will be my last. For now though, I've got a couple of angry beasts that are ready to go at it:drive:

Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake FNAmBL1

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Some z06 action for comparison…

CTR-Los

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Championship White Civic Type R, 2017 Crystal Black Pearl Civic Type R (Sold)
Country flag
I’ve been lusting for a Shelby for many years but the latest iteration of the GT500 finally did me in. I’ve watched every YouTube video and had read any and all reviews on it. Ever since Ford released the first teaser video, I knew I would get one. It took me awhile but I finally made it happen. I present to you my brand new 2021 Shelby GT500. I can’t even give y’all a real opinion on it because I literally just took delivery and have only put 3 miles on the odometer but what I noticed as soon as I put it in drive and started to give it some throttle was that this is no ordinary transmission. It’s got the Tremec 7 speed DCT and man oh man now I get what everyone is talking about. This is a total game changer for the Mustang or any muscle car for that matter.

Time to get it all cleaned up and ready for the Shelby car show this weekend ?I’ll post some more opinions once I can rack up a few more miles but here’s a quick pic after I brought her home.

JCGoqZe.jpg
Congrats on the new ride! That car is awesome! I recently bought a GT350 and am loving the car. Sadly my Type R is getting sold this weekend but the Shelby will be there to comfort me, lol

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Congrats on the new ride! That car is awesome! I recently bought a GT350 and am loving the car. Sadly my Type R is getting sold this weekend but the Shelby will be there to comfort me, lol
Thank you. I’ve never driven the GT350 but I’m sure they are just as rad. I hear great things about the transmission in them. I thought I would have buyers remorse with buying the GT500 since it’s auto-only but I have to say, it’s actually really enjoyable to drive around. You can tell in the video just how fast it shifts - and that was only in the normal mode! Supposedly the shifts are even faster when in Track or Drag mode. Luckily my Z06 is a 7 speed manual so I can still row the gears when the need arises ? I’d miss not having a car with a stick, that’s for sure. I’ve found myself going to grab it in the Gt500 just because of how manual-like the transmission feels. It’s my first dual clutch transmission and I’m already a fan.

The Bad Guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP Si Sedan, 06 G6, 15 Silverado
Country flag
Reminds me of how the old 03/04 cobras sounded! Always loved those
I'd kill for a Mystichrome, DSG or even Competition Orange. Once KB released their aftermarket blower for the Terminator, they quickly became the most lethal vehicles on the road. I remember watching all of the street racing videos of Blades, Griffin and a bunch of others dreaming about one day owning one. :bow:

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I’ve never driven the GT350 but I’m sure they are just as rad. I hear great things about the transmission in them. I thought I would have buyers remorse with buying the GT500 since it’s auto-only but I have to say, it’s actually really enjoyable to drive around. You can tell in the video just how fast it shifts - and that was only in the normal mode! Supposedly the shifts are even faster when in Track or Drag mode. Luckily my Z06 is a 7 speed manual so I can still row the gears when the need arises ? I’d miss not having a car with a stick, that’s for sure. I’ve found myself going to grab it in the Gt500 just because of how manual-like the transmission feels. It’s my first dual clutch transmission and I’m already a fan.
The new DCTs are pretty amazing. Apparently, the new GT3 with 7 speed PDK can do 50mph in 1st gear and will drop down to 1st when you want to rip it!

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
6 months later and I'm still loving it. I do miss my Civics though and hope to add another one to the stable again at some point.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake dzm3pdr

Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake LWL4Hgf

Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake 5RkJfWb

Last edited:

Vitamin_R

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2005 C230K
Country flag

JCGoqZe.jpg
Beautiful color! The stripes are nice too. I'm interested in hearing about your experience with the DCT

I haven't driven a DCT hard since they were still new tech in normal cars. It was some VW. Upshifts were of course glorious but downshifts were a bit spastic... Downshifts in auto were definitely bad lol

I'd be really happy if you said that the transmission is fantastic and has no flaws other than not having an H shifter

Congrats!

OP
OP
Siiick

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Beautiful color! The stripes are nice too. I'm interested in hearing about your experience with the DCT

I haven't driven a DCT hard since they were still new tech in normal cars. It was some VW. Upshifts were of course glorious but downshifts were a bit spastic... Downshifts in auto were definitely bad lol

I'd be really happy if you said that the transmission is fantastic and has no flaws other than not having an H shifter

Congrats!
5k miles in and the transmission has been flawless 👌 The shifts are so quick that it feels like a video game. Running it in manual mode locks the gears meaning it only upshifts when you tell it to. I made the mistake one morning where I forgot it was in manual mode, went WOT in 1st gear all the way to redline expecting it to shift to 2nd but instead it smacked the rev limiter. I immediately upshifted to 2nd at that point but it startled me enough that I am now very aware of what mode the car is in when I’m cruising 😅 Most of the time though I run it in automatic mode and let the computer do its thing just because it works so good. The DCT feels like the perfect match for the Predator engine.

Quick vid of it banging thru 2nd/3rd/4th gears -

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R ABM
Man I’d have sooo many tickets lol. Had a Ruby Red 19 PP1 I traded for my CTR. Such a sharp looking ride. Would totally do it again lol. Thanks for sharing!
Honda Civic 10th gen Bit by the snake 6BBA5130-6FA1-440B-AFF7-BE1E78873C76
Sponsored