Bike Rack For Si Sedan

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I put my CADD12 inside my hatch, taking no chances carrying it on the outside.
Sponsored

lars81

First Name
Luk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Country flag
While I have not used my roof rack on a Civic X with a sunroof, you should have no problem as you stated it is not the panoramic (edge to edge) kind. I did use the roof rack on a Volkswagen with a sunroof and the only issue was that the sunroof could only be slid open and not "popped up". You should be fine with any clamp on style roof rack...just don't break the glass!
Thanks!

y0gur7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - 2005 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
I prefer the roof mount. Losing access to the trunk when bike transporting is a pain and your view is obstructed. The roof rack isn't without downsides. I lose 6-7 mpg and the wind noise is a mild annoyance til you become accustomed to it.
Honda Civic 10th gen Bike Rack For Si Sedan 20200315_073104

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Another recommendation for a roof rack. Keeps your trunk available, no loss in visibility, and with aero bars and a wind deflector there's really not much additional noise. Only downside is loss of MPG.

I run a Yakima rack on my SI and love it. You also don't lose any sunroof functionality, if that is a concern.

I considered a Seasucker system but the metal on our roof is so thin I wouldn't trust it not to damage the roof.

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Saris only shows the trailer hitch type working on the Si. Their rep told me that the older two bike mount I have would damage the spoiler or even bend the trunk lid carrying more than 35 pounds. If I am riding alone I just pop the front tire off my Trek and stow it in the trunk. If my wife and I are riding I load both bikes in her '12 Fit.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Saris only shows the trailer hitch type working on the Si. Their rep told me that the older two bike mount I have would damage the spoiler or even bend the trunk lid carrying more than 35 pounds. If I am riding alone I just pop the front tire off my Trek and stow it in the trunk. If my wife and I are riding I load both bikes in her '12 Fit.
Hmmm... I used the Saris Bone 3-bike mount and sometime carried 2 bikes. I am sure both bikes, mnt and road, would weigh over 35 lbs. My SI coupe has a higher spoiler than sedan version. I have not seen any scratch on my spoiler, trunk lid or anywhere. I was careful and slow down when going over bumps and such when using the bike mount. Just sharing my experience.

Chuckles4

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Another recommendation for a roof rack. Keeps your trunk available, no loss in visibility, and with aero bars and a wind deflector there's really not much additional noise. Only downside is loss of MPG.

I run a Yakima rack on my SI and love it. You also don't lose any sunroof functionality, if that is a concern.

I considered a Seasucker system but the metal on our roof is so thin I wouldn't trust it not to damage the roof.
Hey, any particular reason you went with the Yakima system over, say, Thule? I'm in the market myself...

NoRebound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Hmmm... I used the Saris Bone 3-bike mount and sometime carried 2 bikes. I am sure both bikes, mnt and road, would weigh over 35 lbs. My SI coupe has a higher spoiler than sedan version. I have not seen any scratch on my spoiler, trunk lid or anywhere. I was careful and slow down when going over bumps and such when using the bike mount. Just sharing my experience.
My Saris is one of the originals from the early 90s. I'd honestly have to go back and look to see the model. I am sure that both of my Trek bikes from the same vintage would be more than 35 pounds with the rack. I've contacted Saris about this and their response was "We do not recommend that rack for use on your model car." Who knows, maybe they just want to sell me a new one.

skorj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
Hey, any particular reason you went with the Yakima system over, say, Thule? I'm in the market myself...
I didn't have a preference either way, but I found the cross bars and wind deflector for sale locally for a great deal so that was the direction I went.
Sponsored