Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go?

civic10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? IMG_7056.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Bigger wheels for your Civic? What is the Max you would go? IMG_7044.JPG
After lots of Calculations and Test Fits with different set ups... Finally Done with the Installation...
Custom ordered Light Weight 19x9" / Deep Concave Curva C10s with 245/35/19"
What do you guys Think?
More Pictures...

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
There is no single answer to this question. Only you can decide what size wheels are right based on where you live and what your intentions are for your car. Are you building a show car? Then go for 20s or 21s. Are you commuting on DC's potholed streets? I commute in the DC Metro area and would never go above 16" because I want the protection of the larger sidewall. You judge the risk vs. reward of a larger rim, make your choice, and live with the consequences.

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Biggest would be 18x8.5. Anything beyond that is risky. Most of us want to lower our Civics it seems, so its more risk for rubbing and clearance problems. Also no lower than 35 offset

totopo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Ex Hatch, 370z
Country flag
Why go for bling bling wheels? really sacrifices performance for looks. Costly too.

Bigger wheels maybe look cool to some, and improve steering response.But they sacrifice a lot.

Personally, I think smaller wheels look better. They are lighter (improved acceleration, braking, cornering traction, comfort, better mileage, less bushing and shock wear), cheaper, more comfortable from the sidewall, and have much more affordable tires. There's a reason race cars have a good amount of sidewall.
Sponsored