Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
So about 2 months ago I left my home to head to work. As I live in a apartment building I had to leave the parking spot by an automatic gate. I was about to exit when a white i30 (my work colleague) passed in front of me and I stopped in the gate. Then her son closed the wrong gate causing the gates to hit my car on the left side. Door can open but if I open it too much it bends, the left fender is scratched and destroyed. I did a police report since then but no updates. My work colleague said that she won't admit that she was there and also the sensors on the gate were broken. (I do not own a parking spot inside, I park on the curb but I paid for the whole parking space to get renovated (new gates, fences). What do I do now? My repair cost is 1.500$
Sponsored

Jeiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FC3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag
This situation sucks. :(

Does the apartment have cameras?

Does the police report have anything in it that states you weren't at fault or that your work colleague was there?

Did you take pictures or video of incident?

Do you have any evidence that this isn't your fault?

Not trying to stir the pot or anything but why did this take 2 months to get to?

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Not sure if it’s still an option to file an issurance claim and pay the deductible 2 months after?

OP
OP
Muturuc

Muturuc

First Name
Alexi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sedan Executive (EU)
Country flag
This situation sucks. :(

Does the apartment have cameras?

Does the police report have anything in it that states you weren't at fault or that your work colleague was there?

Did you take pictures or video of incident?

Do you have any evidence that this isn't your fault?

Not trying to stir the pot or anything but why did this take 2 months to get to?
Well, i took care of it in that same day but yeah, she’s not admitting and nothing new so far. The spot to the gate doesn’t have cameras, the police report does intact state that she was there and I took a picture of the sensors and the damage.

luckytom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2018 Civic EX-T 6 Speed
Country flag
Well, i took care of it in that same day but yeah, she’s not admitting and nothing new so far. The spot to the gate doesn’t have cameras, the police report does intact state that she was there and I took a picture of the sensors and the damage.
Why not get a copy of the police report and reach out to your insurance?

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Of course she's not going to admit to anything. Especially if you're dragging something from 2 months ago. Even then how would you prove she was the one who caused the sensors to hit your car? Is it a broken faulty sensor or did her son press it? Insurance should've been involved from day one, do they know? There's a lot to this man, everyone involved in this situation (insurance, apartment complex, work colleague, you) is trying to avoid paying for this so good luck truly.

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I think it's important to remember Police report is not enough! I would report it to my insurance and have them go after the other person instead. Police, as an officer has told me in the past, will not handle traffic accidents all the way because it's not on their "priority list." My ex girl friend's car got scratched by her neighbor and even with a witness police didn't do anything for her.