Jonvolution

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen LX (MT)
Country flag
Had a guy message me from my post about looking for a downpipe, told me to contact his buddy [email protected] for one. The guy that messaged me had 0 posts, just made his account 5 days ago, and his activity showed him browsing the classifieds. Sadly I didn’t get his username, he deleted the convo almost immediately.

I emailed his “buddy” and his buddy sent me pics of a PRL downpipe and front pipe...taken from the pics someone uploaded here in 2017 asking questions about install. Ole Mike Molz just put a filter on his pics to throw off the colors of the original owners rug they were laying on. I messaged the original owner asking if he still had them and he said yes they’re still on his car lol. So if you see that email know it’s a scam!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Had a guy message me from my post about looking for a downpipe, told me to contact his buddy [email protected] for one. The guy that messaged me had 0 posts, just made his account 5 days ago, and his activity showed him browsing the classifieds. Sadly I didn’t get his username, he deleted the convo almost immediately.

I emailed his “buddy” and his buddy sent me pics of a PRL downpipe and front pipe..taken .from the pics someone uploaded here in 2017 asking questions about install. Ole Mike Molz just put a filter on his pics to throw off the colors of the original owners rug they were laying on. I messaged the original owner asking if he still had them and he said yes they’re still on his car lol. So if you see that email know it’s a scam!!
there are some shady types roaming these forums. I actually came across an Instagram page a while back that had three pictures of my car that were uploaded to this site and no where else.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I feel like a very easy solution to all of this would be that moderators enforce a picture with a hand written sign of the users username.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New users with few posts are always a warning sign.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I feel like a very easy solution to all of this would be that moderators enforce a picture with a hand written sign of the users username.
I sell on reddit a decent amount and a timestamp with your username is required on everything for the forums I'm part of. I think it should be here as well!

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I received two different messages like this after I had put up a wanted ad. They asked to email someone. The first one I emailed the person but when they replied back it sounded fishy. So I replied with " what part do you have?". Which in turn then said "the part". I then asked for a picture and they sent a really bad photo of the wrong part. I said, "that's the wrong part". They then sent a picture of the correct part but again it was a bad picture. See the picture below. I then never responded back. I checked the message I originally had on these forums and the sender never had a single post.
A week later I received another message from a different person asking me to email someone. Again this person never had a single post.

Honda Civic 10th gen Beware!! Screenshot_20200806-045704_Gmail
Sponsored