Beware of automatic calculators

psychmylife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Just a friendly PSA. I have noticed a couple sites (1010tires.com, treaddepot.com) that have the stock 2016 Civic EX-T (sedan) listed as 215/45r17. In reality, as many of you are aware, the tires are 215/50r17. SO, if choosing a plus size (e.g., plus 1") rim/tire combination, the sites will likely give you an inaccurate automatic estimate. I found this out too late (I ordered 215/40r18), so I want to spare anyone else.

And yes, I will admit that I should have relied on this forum a bit more before ordering. I canceled my rims until I can get rid of these unwanted tires!
Sponsored

latexyankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I saw that posted somewhere as well. When tire rack recommended 215/45 for 18's I double checked and sure enough the stock tires were 215/50.

I went with the 215/45/18

CRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
Just a friendly PSA. I have noticed a couple sites (1010tires.com, treaddepot.com) that have the stock 2016 Civic EX-T (sedan) listed as 215/45r17. In reality, as many of you are aware, the tires are 215/50r17. SO, if choosing a plus size (e.g., plus 1") rim/tire combination, the sites will likely give you an inaccurate automatic estimate. I found this out too late (I ordered 215/40r18), so I want to spare anyone else.

And yes, I will admit that I should have relied on this forum a bit more before ordering. I canceled my rims until I can get rid of these unwanted tires!
Why not force them to take the tires back? You havent received them yet so just refuse delivery or contact your credit card company.

OP
OP

psychmylife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
They all have disclaimers about using the calculator... No real recourse there.

CRX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic
Country flag
They all have disclaimers about using the calculator... No real recourse there.
The calculator was on their site correct? They messed up the stock tire size. I would call them up and let me know you want the proper size tires.

OP
OP

psychmylife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
The calculator was on their site correct? They messed up the stock tire size. I would call them up and let me know you want the proper size tires.
Unfortunately, I did not buy the tires from the site(s) in question. It is ironic that the site I bought the tires from does not include the 2016 Civic in its calculator! They have the Odyssey, Pilot, and HR-V. Bummer all around.
Sponsored

Last edited: