Last edited:

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad that you're working on this idea, but I honestly think that the factory shifter's throw is plenty short. I was surprised how short it was, actually. The only one that I have found to be more engaging is the Revo Technica short-shift that I have on my 2004 Integra Type-R.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport, 2018 Civic Type-R, 2010 Civic SI, 2015 Civic SI,
Country flag
Glad that you're working on this idea, but I honestly think that the factory shifter's throw is plenty short. I was surprised how short it was, actually. The only one that I have found to be more engaging is the Revo Technica short-shift that I have on my 2004 Integra Type-R.
Really? We find the stock shifter to be long and sloppy feeling. The shifter feels nothing like those of Hondas in the past to us.

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? We find the stock shifter to be long and sloppy feeling. The shifter feels nothing like those of Hondas in the past to us.
I agree compared to my last few civics, my hatchback feels like I'm shifting in a semi the throws are so far!

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To each his or her own, then. Like I said, I'm glad that you're working on it. To me, though, the shifter is quite nice compared to several of the other cars that I've driven (WRX, BMW 230i, et cetera). It all comes down to personal preference, though, and I will never argue with more options out there. :)

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i would lokk into that when this comes out for sure.........the 1st to 2nd gears really long compare to my r18 in my hatch......

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We're looking at about a month or so until we're in full production mode on this bad boy. Doing a lot of preliminary testing.

rrocky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cosmic Blue EX-T 6speed
Nice! I hate hitting the climate control or seat warmer when I shift lol still getting used to it!

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
i was somewhat ok with the shifter in the lx 2.0 sedan (didn't need to change asap), however the shifter in my hatch seems worse. sorry but i already ordered another adapter, will see how it works and if its a vast improvement i'll prolly get a whole shifter unit someday when they come out. if i were wanting faster times this is def a weak link. right now just not quick and snappy shifts.
ps my slowness might be just me and a terrible coordination between leg and arm coupled with advanced age.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Civic X Vendor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice! I hate hitting the climate control or seat warmer when I shift lol still getting used to it!
That won't be a problem once this part is installed!

i was somewhat ok with the shifter in the lx 2.0 sedan (didn't need to change asap), however the shifter in my hatch seems worse. sorry but i already ordered another adapter, will see how it works and if its a vast improvement i'll prolly get a whole shifter unit someday when they come out. if i were wanting faster times this is def a weak link. right now just not quick and snappy shifts.
ps my slowness might be just me and a terrible coordination between leg and arm coupled with advanced age.
We're looking to make a replacement for the lever inside the car as well! As far as this adapter goes though, we are shooting to have this be the easiest installing shift solution on the market!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
Will it fix the heavy synchro feeling going 2-3?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.