• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bestcar says there'll be both 2 and 4 door versions of new Integra!

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I'd personally prefer a coupe but the only reason I can see for them to make one at this point is to bring back the sales of people that wanted a Civic/Accord coupe.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'd personally prefer a coupe but the only reason I can see for them to make one at this point is to bring back the sales of people that wanted a Civic/Accord coupe.
That wouldn't necessarily be a small number of people/sales. Not only Integra/RSX coupe lovers, but the civic and accord coupe lovers. Let's not forget it could nab some sales from cars like the Veloster. And to some degree possibly even BRZ/GR86 buyers that maybe want something a bit more functional for all weather driving.

I read an article the other day with the head of Acura's product lineup which was mostly about the NSX, but made mention of the Integra as well. One line that gave me some hope a coupe is still in the cards was "Acura isn't concerned about large sales numbers... we aren't concerned about cars having to appeal to everyone". Which tells me they still see the benefit of producing niche models for enthusiasts that want them. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but it would be great to see Acura have an affordable FWD performance coupe on offer again for the small but loyal buyers that want them.

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
That wouldn't necessarily be a small number of people/sales. Not only Integra/RSX coupe lovers, but the civic and accord coupe lovers. Let's not forget it could nab some sales from cars like the Veloster. And to some degree possibly even BRZ/GR86 buyers that maybe want something a bit more functional for all weather driving.

I read an article the other day with the head of Acura's product lineup which was mostly about the NSX, but made mention of the Integra as well. One line that gave me some hope a coupe is still in the cards was "Acura isn't concerned about large sales numbers... we aren't concerned about cars having to appeal to everyone". Which tells me they still see the benefit of producing niche models for enthusiasts that want them. I'm not gonna hold my breath, but it would be great to see Acura have an affordable FWD performance coupe on offer again for the small but loyal buyers that want them.

Sure, but those nice cars also have to be profitable enough to produce and keep in production. Or be enough of a gateway that after someone has them they buy more from the brand.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Sure, but those nice cars also have to be profitable enough to produce and keep in production. Or be enough of a gateway that after someone has them they buy more from the brand.
I get that, and that's the part of the advantage acura (rather than honda) has in profit margins. The integra probably won't cost much more to produce than a civic, but sell at a much higher average price, more profit per sale makes niche models more likely to be sustainable versus a much lower profit margin car like the civic coupes were.

And it's not like niche models don't already have a spot in the current market. There are plenty of low volume coupes and sports cars that fall into a similar price range as the Integra and Integra Type S that exist. Niche models are also a marketing tool to elevate brand image and lend their sporty appearance to the benefit of the other more high volume models.

I'm not saying the coupe is for sure going to happen, just that I hope it does, and I think there's enough interest and reasoning to make it happen. If it doesn't it won't keep me from getting the integra 5-door necessarily, but it would have me considering other options that fit my wants and needs more closely.