Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
Hey everyone, I had this setup last winter and love it. Now it is time to start thinking about the switch to winter tires. I wanted to share this info so that if some of you are looking for a new setup for winter, could see my setup and try if you like this.
When I was searching for a winter setup, I did not want to give up completely on the handling and looks of my car. And I took it seriously. My car had 18x8 ET50 Factory wheels. I only wanted to go one step downsize with 17". I settled on this after comparing lots of options for different sizes of wheels, width offset and tire sizes. I found the best solution for me right on the Honda website. Honda Custom-fit Enkei Draco Wheels 17x7.5 ET45 weighed 19.5 lbs each. At first, I ignored this option because of the price. But after discussing to parts rep at the honda dealer, I realized the advertised price includes mounting, swap, installed etc; etc; But only wheels - I was able to get at CAD 720+tax for a set(after discount). With that price, it made way more sense. With these, I did not need a new set of lug nuts or hub centric rings because they are custom made to fit for honda civics/accords.
For the tires, I chose BRIDGESTONE BLIZZAK WS90 Got installed at Costco. My factory tire size was 235/40R18. I know before 2019 touring tires were 215/50R17 which I could have gone for. But I went for 225/50R17 which is about +2% overall as compared to OEM. It gave me about a 5 mm increase in ride height - much needed in winter. Fits perfectly fine. I had driven with full capacity (me plus 4 passengers) on city and highway roads. Had no rubbing what so ever. I know the popular belief "Thinner tires are better for winter" and I believe that up to a certain extent. So going for 225 wide from 235 tiers was enough for me. I believe it is also about tire design plus tire compound and not only the width of the tire for winter. I am extremely happy with this setup.
I find this to be an excellent winter setup. Here are some pics. I may add more pics (outdoor pics) after I switch back to this setup this winter.
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup 1603593391656
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 3
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 2
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Wheels
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 4
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 5
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 6
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 7
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 8
Honda Civic 10th gen Best Winter Wheel - Tire Setup Winter Pic 1

Last edited:

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
I went with the same setup man 225/50R17, i will be putting them on later this morning. glad you are enjoying your setup, i also thought about going 215 but decided that might be too thin for this car. I went with some Konig control 17x7x45 wheels to go with the tires, looking forward to cutting through the NY winter with them soon.

OP
OP
Saadeq

Saadeq

First Name
Saadeq
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I went with the same setup man 225/50R17, i will be putting them on later this morning. glad you are enjoying your setup, i also thought about going 215 but decided that might be too thin for this car. I went with some Konig control 17x7x45 wheels to go with the tires, looking forward to cutting through the NY winter with them soon.
Great. I would love to see your setup if you post some pics.

Benster

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic HB Sport 6MT
Country flag
215s work good on this platform although I wouldn't go for 205s myself. It's a good compromise of width for better winter traction and I haven't had an issue so far from 2 winters. Toyot observe gsi6hp tires.
Sponsored