MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Just to add, once you get the surface all cleaned up to your satisfaction, a ceramic coat or ceramic wax spray will help make the next subsequent washes extremely easy.
So I have CarPro Reload, and wouldn't mind using that. Curious if I should be trying to access the brake parts with it though, or how I spray on the rim without hitting the brake parts (or does that matter either way)?

Or should I just spray right on my microfiber towel and apply to the rims?
Sponsored

Trash Panda

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
So I have CarPro Reload, and wouldn't mind using that. Curious if I should be trying to access the brake parts with it though, or how I spray on the rim without hitting the brake parts (or does that matter either way)?

Or should I just spray right on my microfiber towel and apply to the rims?
Reading the directions I would recommend the latter, spraying the SiO2 directly on your microfiber pad/applicator. Use a cross hatch pattern for best results(up,down,left,right).

I would recommend getting a chemical guys wheel wedge to apply it though, perfect size for our wheels.

Last edited:

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2020
Country flag
Yeah that's the rust from the brake rotors after your washed the car/wheels... Wow those wheels are terrible... full of swirls & fine scratches. I would polish them using a 1" nano polisher (like a Rupes nano polisher knockoff on amazon for 1/4 the price) then use Mckee's 37 ceramic wheel polish sealant ... did wonders for all my cars with black gloss rims. No matter what clay you use on black paint... it will mar the paint and this is why you would do a fine polishing afterwards than sealant (and wax over the top of this if you prefer). This is an expensive approach but I do a lot of black rims :)

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
I use the blue heavy duty paper towels and a wheel cleaner. If you have the stock wheels, doesn’t hurt to wax it.

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Definitely use an iron remover. Then apply ceramic spray on the rims such that it will repel most fo the dust break to keep them clean. As some of the members have said, watch the iron remover to react with the rust and turn purple.
Sponsored