Best wheel cleaner for 2020 Si wheels?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's your method of cleaning them? Don't want to use the brush on these as I don't want to risk scratching the paint off, just use a soft cloth and some form of wheel cleaner?

Mine have been dirty for the longest time lol
Sponsored

theslowest1

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Usually water worked well with some dawn soap for the stock wheels. But after getting aftermarket rims, I use Sonax wheel cleaner now. Sonax will eat away any brake dust or dirt pretty good.

I don't generally touch the rim, except with a micro fiber if there's stubborn dirt or something like that.

si_well

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Every time I wash my car I spray the wheels while they’re wet with Armor All Extreme Wheel and Tire Cleaner and use one of those microfiber washing mitts that I got from autozone to physically clean the wheels.

I’ve read that some wheel cleaners are pretty harsh to use because of the chemicals needed to break down the brake dust and can cause damage over time to rotors or brake capillary/components behind it.

I don’t think the one I use is that bad, but next wheel cleaner I get I’m going to make a point to buy one that specifically states it’s not harsh on metals.

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
i've used chemical bros. with good results. but also i tend to wipe down my wheels 2 times a week.

ES EF ED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L , 2011 CTS-V
Country flag
Depending on how bad the brake dust is , if it's stubborn , as a fellow member already mentioned , sonax in my experience is the best , I've used CG and Adams and it doesn't compare / come close . Otherwise just use soap if possible .

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please don't let Dawn anywhere near your car. Otherwise, nothing to add to what's already been said.

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
I wet my wheels first, and then I use chemical guys sticky citrus wheel cleaner and let it sit as I wash the rest of the car. I use a separate microfiber sponge to clean them.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Depending on how bad the brake dust is , if it's stubborn , as a fellow member already mentioned , sonax in my experience is the best , I've used CG and Adams and it doesn't compare / come close . Otherwise just use soap if possible .
Sonax is fantastic. I do like that Adam's also

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sonax at work

Honda Civic 10th gen Best wheel cleaner for 2020 Si wheels? IMG_20200624_193039_605

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What's your method of cleaning them? Don't want to use the brush on these as I don't want to risk scratching the paint off, just use a soft cloth and some form of wheel cleaner?

Mine have been dirty for the longest time lol
Wax them then all you need is spray detailer and a rag. Just do it often to avoid the hard stains.

OP
OP
suhhh

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you everyone! Seems like Sonax is the winner, going to pick up some today after work. Would I be able to use a microfiber? Probably should have a microfiber dedicated to just my wheels eh

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you everyone! Seems like Sonax is the winner, going to pick up some today after work. Would I be able to use a microfiber? Probably should have a microfiber dedicated to just my wheels eh
I also have a Speed Master wheel brush, it's very soft, and some dedicated wheel microfiber cloths

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
To make up keep easier, I ceramic coated my wheels and coated my tires. No more application of other protection on wheels or dressing on tires. Two years since application, still just wash and blow dry using Master Blaster, following regular car wash and walk away.

One among many of the great attributes using ceramic is not needing special chemical on wheels. However, much like ceramic coated car body, still need gentle contact wash.
Sponsored