Best way to chrome delete the window trim?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Any idea what type/brand of vinyl this kit includes? I see "air release" in the description but no manufacturer is listed. It's a bit cheaper than some other similar products I've been looking at - might as well save a few bucks if it's more or less the same material.
Yea the one from the Amazon link is 3M. I just got mine about 30 min ago and it’s 3M 2080.

edit: the amazon link that someone posted with the 2x25 is 3M. I am not sure what brand you get with the link you posted. My apologies.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
How's the difficulty vs say, putting a screen protector on an iPhone? Cause I hate doing that.

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
I got kooltint. still great after a year.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Oh man, that's so me. I'm wondering the same thing.
It's actually a pretty good analogy. Anyone can do either job. But the question is: are you a perfectionist? Do you just wipe off your screen, slap on the screen protector, and then go about your business? Or are you the type of person who applies it in your bathroom, with a hot shower running, to minimize the risk of any dust getting trapped under the protector? And - after you're done - if you do find a speck of dust under the protector, is that going to ruin your day?

If you're in the latter camp (like me)...then you'll probably find yourself spending extra time applying the vinyl, likely removing certain sections and then redoing them, possibly multiple times - in order to get everything juuuuust right.

But, again - anyone can do it. The application process itself is not rocket surgery. But some folks may need more patience/practice than others in order to get results they're satisfied with.
Sponsored