Best way to chrome delete the window trim?

FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Hey guys!

I have a 2020 Hatchback EX, and I was wondering what would be the best way to delete the chrome on the window trim? I'm looking at a couple of options here.

- Vinyl wrap that I can apply myself for about $20 (No prior experience)

- An eBay pre-cut kit for $25, but I'm not sure if it's from anywhere reputable or will be quality

- Kooltint's kit for $40

What would you guys recommend?
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
FK7_Dylan

FK7_Dylan

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport 6mt Sedan
Country flag
I bought a precut kit on Amazon and installed myself. I found it easier to line up the bottom of the trim and then fold over excess on the top. Took me maybe an hour total with 0 experience. I would recommend precut.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently did this. I first tried plasti dipping it. I hated the way it came out. I then got vinyl from Pep Boys, thinking it was good quality. It wasn't. It was complete shit. I was turned off to vinyl wrapping altogether, but then figured I'd try one more time but with a 3M vinyl. The difference is night and day.

The pre-cut kits look good, but I personally think that having a full roll would be easier - assuming you're okay with trimming/cutting it while it's on the car. If you're not, then yes, go with the pre-cut kits.

I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N6M8WPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's more than enough for the four window trims, and for me with the touring, the area around the side mirrors.

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I recently did this. I first tried plasti dipping it. I hated the way it came out. I then got vinyl from Pep Boys, thinking it was good quality. It wasn't. It was complete shit. I was turned off to vinyl wrapping altogether, but then figured I'd try one more time but with a 3M vinyl. The difference is night and day.

The pre-cut kits look good, but I personally think that having a full roll would be easier - assuming you're okay with trimming/cutting it while it's on the car. If you're not, then yes, go with the pre-cut kits.

I used this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N6M8WPP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's more than enough for the four window trims, and for me with the touring, the area around the side mirrors.
Did you use matte or satin?

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The one I linked/bought on Amazon was gloss and I loved it. Satin might be closest to what the paint sheen is on the vehicle though.

The cheap vinyl I bought from Pep Boys was matte. Definitely didn't like the way it looked though again it could have just been because of the cheap vinyl.

I've been meaning to clean the car so I'll snap some pics soon.

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The one I linked/bought on Amazon was gloss and I loved it. Satin might be closest to what the paint sheen is on the vehicle though.

The cheap vinyl I bought from Pep Boys was matte. Definitely didn't like the way it looked though again it could have just been because of the cheap vinyl.

I've been meaning to clean the car so I'll snap some pics soon.
The link brings up different sizes of the wrap. Did you use 2in or 4in. It looks like 2in might not cover the thickest part towards the back of the rear window.

Acey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Coupe Si HFP
Country flag
Yeah I would say this isn't the best application for plasti-dip. I'm gonna go for a pre-cut kit.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think pre-cut kit is the best possible way to go. It's a fairly easy install. I got mine from the Bay.

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The link brings up different sizes of the wrap. Did you use 2in or 4in. It looks like 2in might not cover the thickest part towards the back of the rear window.
i ordered the 2” tape. It covers that part towards the back of the rear window.

Pics for reference. Don’t mind all the dust and pollen. Gonna put my kids tomorrow to work and have them wash the car lol.

Honda Civic 10th gen Best way to chrome delete the window trim? D0E07113-2449-40BA-A9EE-C77CE4490B44

Honda Civic 10th gen Best way to chrome delete the window trim? F8457217-CCBA-43FD-B43A-3BCEE92BABE8

Honda Civic 10th gen Best way to chrome delete the window trim? A13333A8-77C6-41D1-8F08-53DCEA2DB5AF

lradicoSI

First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Anyone have a link for a kit for a sedan? Can't seem to find one and the one that was linked is out of stock for sedans.

kevok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i ordered the 2” tape. It covers that part towards the back of the rear window.

Pics for reference. Don’t mind all the dust and pollen. Gonna put my kids tomorrow to work and have them wash the car lol.

D0E07113-2449-40BA-A9EE-C77CE4490B44.jpeg

F8457217-CCBA-43FD-B43A-3BCEE92BABE8.jpeg

A13333A8-77C6-41D1-8F08-53DCEA2DB5AF.jpeg
Looks great. I ordered the satin and it’s coming in today so hopefully I’ll have it done this weekend.